“Excellent.... Top class” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 56 Hotels in Galway
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent.... Top class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

What a fabulous hotel, definitely lives up to its reputation. Rooms are excellent, comfort out of this world, service from all staff top class and the food wonderful, you can see why it has been awarded high ratings :-)

Room Tip: Upgrade if you can .... well worth it
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Fab hotel with obvious style and elegance , always stay here when I am back in Ireland , they get the little things spot on ! Worth every cent.

Food is beautiful, my partner loves the place and it holds great memories for us both.

• Stayed December 2012
dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have heard great things form friends who have stayed here and this year I got a opportunity to go.
The location seems to be controversial but that did not bother me one bit.The rooms were nice nothing spectaular. The spa was difficult to get into so eventually we just gave up on it.
The service was slow but they were unusually busy and the dinner was tasty so we could forgive this too.
what I could not forgive was the bar service.Every time I went to it the staff were stocking up or running off on another errand.I ordered 2 COCKTAILS FROM THE MENU which they did not have,so i ordered an old fashioned that came out in a dreadful state.
I think there seemed to be no passion in this aspect of the bar business.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Limerick,Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My best friend and I spent 3 nights at The G. last October as a treat for my birthday.We had bed and breakfast and dinner on two evenings.From start to finish we loved our stay.Our room was lovely and so clean and comfortable.The lounge areas and bar and dining rooms were amazing.The decor was funky and so memorable.Food was very tasty and there was plenty of it.Staff were very friendly and helpful and service was top class.For me the highlight was definately afternoon tea with pink champagne.Just divine! Although overall The G. was quite expensive, it was well worth the splurge for a special occasion.I would love to go back someday and would highly reccomend a stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bay view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
galway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I couldn't wait to stay here so waited and got a deal as its so expensive! The decor downstairs is wow but when we got into our room i was so dissapointed! It was so plain and bland! I was expecting the wow factor and didnt get that!:( I have stayed on lidl and supervalue breaks before in other hotels in much better rooms. I thought there would be posh tea/ coffee and biscuits but just the usual teabags and coffee sachets, no biscuits! Other cheaper hotels have provided biscuits. The toiletries were not great, again I have got better. The shower and bathtub were together.I thought they would be separate and much bigger! Our dinner was included and my boyfriend ordered steak which was tiny and very salty.He only got 4 wedges with it ha! We had to wait ages for our tea and coffee. The drinks are very expensive!!! After dinner there was no where to sit so we had to go back to our room. There was 2 small muffins left in our room which I thought was a nice touch. For the spa the slippers and bathrobe was far to small for my tall boyfriend. Its very dark in there so hard to see.In the spa pool not all of the button features didnt work. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Firstly I got a great deal through voyage prive for this hotel, so that was a big plus!

This hotel is not 5 star, while the decor in the bar and restaurants is fantastic, the service is patchy at best.

Room was just ok - could have done with a spruce up to be honest, stained carpet etc.

On the plus side, the food was great in both the Bar and at Breakfast, breakfast staff where lovely.

Overall not a bad hotel but I had expectations of a 5 star and it was 4 star at best...make sure you get a good deal!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for two nights. Well worth a visit. Staff all very professional. Restaurant nicer than most that are in town. Room was cosy.
Breakfast excellent. Looking forward to returning for a winter break.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to The g Hotel Galway? Share your experiences!