“Nice friendly spot” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 56 Hotels in Galway
Western Ireland, Ireland
“Nice friendly spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a mid-week break. Rooms were great, just a short walk and you are in the middle of galway tourist area. The bar is ok, typical hotel bar. Just lacking what you get in the local bars. Resturant was great, really enjoyed the meal. The staff made you feel welcomed from the start. Would recommend to friends and would return again.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

This is a very fine, very friendly hotel that you can bet on for solid service, crisp, clean rooms and comfort.

I tend to hit bed and breakfasts and smaller places, but Park House had lots going for it: ease of last-minute booking, great location, and lots of positive reviews.

I also found out days before leaving on my trip, that a coworker had stayed there and loved it. Also nice to know that it's truly JUST around the corner from the train station: a big plus for me as I don't rent cars when abroad unless I have to ($$$)

Upon arriving, was told I might have to wait a bit (no problem, I was early) and was given tea and a bit of cake while I waited. The cake bit cracked me up a little..when I worked in museums, the older ladies who worked as docents would talk about having their tea and cake at about 11am...they called it "elevenses" and it just seemed like such an old and charming thing...and here I was being offered tea and cake.

So the room was ready, and up I went. It was sprawling...seriously. I'm used to small hotel rooms when traveling in Europe and the UK, and this was a big, roomy place. So clean you could have eaten off the marble floor in the entry way. The bed was super comfy and the bathroom was huge. Not that this matters: I don't spend a whole lot of time hanging out int he bathroom when I travel, but hey, its nice.

The view, um, kinda sad: overlooking the parking lot, but again, this wasn't a resort where I'd be sitting lookign out the window all day.

What was nice was that after a trip to the ARan Islands and spending a lot of time outside and getting pretty cold and pretty wet, it was great to come 'home' to this inviting and comfy hotel. Cue the reference to the big bathroom: I was sooo cold and sooo tired when finished my Aran Island trip, that being able to relax in a pretty, spacious bath was really lovely.

Desk staff was super friendly to all who came in and seemed genuinely concerned with how I liked my stay. I'd come back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: If the view matters, mention it up front. Whatever your concern, it seems clear that staff here will...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Davidson, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed at this lovely boutique hotel in mid May. it is ideally located just off Eyre Square and close to all the restaurants and shops. It is also close to the train and bus stations and offers on site parking if you're driving. The room was comfortable with great beds and an updated bath. My only criticism was the hair dryers were definitely old school--bring your own. Staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfasts were delicious.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Menlo Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

This hotel is ideally situated in Galway and a great price for its value. The hotel is very old-world attractive and the service is impeccable. We had free parking and the location was close to the pubs and the nightlife and yet very quiet. The breakfast was included in the price and it was a full menu with many selections. We highly recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stayed two nights at the Park House and was thoroughly pleased with my choice. Edgar, the porter, was a great first impression to the hotel. In fact, we met him in the garage after our GPS took us there instead of to the hotel's front entrance! The reception staff made us feel very welcome and we really liked the guest room as well. We bought the B&B package which included breakfast and dinner and both were superb. Overall, a great choice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed in this hotel last weekend for one night. It was my first time to stay there but will not be my last. The hotel is in a perfect location- near Eyre Square and the train station. The staff are all extremely pleasant and helpful and we were given a complimentary upgrade to a deluxe room. The food was delicious and reasonably priced and we had a great night in the bar- lively music and good atmosphere. Rooms was lovely especially the minibar which was not expensive at all, unlike many places which rob you for even a mineral from the minibar. Breakfast the next morning was gorgeous- everything you could want and more. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will be returning next month.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This was our first stay in the Park House for a number of years and it was a great decision to go back.

The hotel itself is in a fantastic location with some free onsite car parking. It is minutes walk from all the shops and excellent nightlife that Galway has to offer.

The hotel itself is spotless, beautifully decorated and very very comfortable. We enjoyed a fantastic lunch in Boss Doyles bar and Breakfast the next morning was delicious.

The key thing you notice about this hotel is how friendly the staff are, whether in reception, the bar or even in the corridor, the staff smile and greet you like your their number one customer.

Thank you Park House, we will return again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Park House Hotel? Share your experiences!