“Best vacation ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 187 Galway B&B and Inns
Beverly, Massachusetts
“Best vacation ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My mother and I stayed at Ardawn House in May 2013, and it was simply wonderful. We were with Mike and his family for 2 nights, and they were such gracious hosts. The location was so convenient, the rooms were perfect, and the price couldn't be beat! We'd go back to Ardawn House in a heartbeat, and we recommend staying with the Guilfoyle's during your next trip to Galway!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Columbus, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

My husband and I arrived in Galway without plans for accommodations, but the tourist office suggested Ardawn House and it as lovely. It was an easy walk from town, comfortable rooms, very nice hosts with knowledge of the city, delicious breakfast. Breda showed us where to go in the city for the best views and suggested a pub where we could hear traditional Irish music. Breakfast the next morning was great, with plenty of options. The only thing to keep in mind is check-out is at noon, and if you shower close to then you may have missed the hot water since everyone else is showering too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I stayed at Ardawn House with my nephew in May 2013. The B&B was highly recommended from a friend that had stayed there the year before. Prior to our arrival in Galway, I emailed Mike several times with questions and he always responded quickly. The B&B location is very convenient--just a short walk from the train station and anywhere else you would want to go. We were made to feel very welcome by the family and they were good with suggestions. I would love to go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

I visited Galway March of 2013 while my daughter was studying there. The Ardawn House was perfect for us. The location was convenient and the room warm and cozy. Mike and Breda made us feel very welcome! I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Barnstable, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stayed at Ardawn House in May 2013 with my mother and sister for two nights. The hosts were fantastic. They were accommodating and so friendly. The living room had tea and biscuits to enjoy throughout the day and the breakfast was excellent. While the house is located on a main road near a dog track, I didn't hear anything and had no problems sleeping. The location was a short walk to the center of Galway. We had a lovely stay and I would stay here again if I'm ever fortunate enough to find myself back in Galway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Great home base for our Galway and Aran Islands visit. We had 4 couples in our group and Ardawn house was able to accommodate us all. The owners were very helpful when ran into issues with our Aran Islands itinerary. They called ahead to the small airport to give them the heads up that we were on our way over - and they didn't leave without us! Breakfast was excellent!

We would recommend the Ardawn House to all our friends and family!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Mike and Brenda were amazing hosts! My friend and I took a graduation trip in the fall around Europe and Galway was our first stop. We arrived before check in and were able to leave our bags at the house, have some tea, and then go explore Galway before checking in that evening. The location was great! Perfect walking distance from everything in Galway. Our favorite part of staying at the Ardawn House was the breakfast. It was the best breakfast we had on our entire trip. They are great cooks that use fresh ingredients. Our room was on the very top floor so getting our bags up there was a little work out but our room was very clean! The bathroom was good sized and clean as well and our beds were very comfortable. On our last day we were running late for our bus and Brenda drove us to the bus stop! They were both too kind and very helpful whenever we had questions about restaurants or tourist activities. Our one concern before we arrived was that since my friend and I are 22, we might be locked out or discouraged from staying out late in the pubs. This was not the case at all! They gave us suggestions on pubs to visit and since we had our own keys we could come back as late as we wanted. I cannot give this place enough praise! Thank you for a great visit to Galway!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Ardawn House? Share your experiences!