“Great place to stay in Galway” 5 of 5 stars

Ardawn House
31 College Road, Galway, Ireland   |
Ranked #33 of 187 Galway B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Great place to stay in Galway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is an extremely comfortable place to stay - excellently located on the edge of the city centre. Breda and Mike provided us with a warm welcome, great wifi and delicious breakfasts and were very accommodating when we needed to make an early departure. Breda even drove us to the bus station! Recommend this accommodation to anyone visiting Galway. Or go to Galway so you can stay at Ardawn.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Cute house, great breakfast, nice little walk to the pubs and very nice hosts. House had a nice bed, built in soap, shampoo and conditioner dispenser, and good wifi. The walk to the pubs is not short, but it's a nice walk into the city center.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Mike & Breda welcomed us with warmth and enthusiasm. It was like coming home. We were only there for one night but it was a memorable one. The hospitality went beyond a comfortable room and an excellent breakfast. Mike and Breda did not fail to deliver. For my husband and me, happening upon the Ardawn House B&B was great luck. Mike shared stories of his Shackleton adventures to the Antarctica. It's always nice to be able to spend time with others who share common interests in travel. We will definitely return on our next trip to Ireland.

Venice, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed one night only but if we ever return to Galway..........well this would be the place to stay. Or room was wonderful and the house was very convenient to downtown activities and shopping. GREAT job Mike!!!
PS - Sorry we lost your keys in the car but the Irish post got them back to you quicker than we expected.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Our first B&B in Ireland and a memorable stay! Gracious hosts ( and helpful!), delicious breakfasts, comfy bed and an easy stroll to the happening town centre. I only wish we had found it sooner but we do plan to come back and this is where we plan to stay! Thank you for a lovely visit. p.s. Better luck next year Cork!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
El Cajon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed at Ardawn House for three nights in mid-October and would highly recommend it. Our room was spacious, clean, & comfortable, and the location was convenient for walking to all the important sites. Parking was available for our rental car right in front of their building. The downstairs sitting room was beautifully decorated and had comfortable furniture, hot tea, and biscuits. They arranged for us to have our laundry done at a reasonable price so we didn't waste any valuable time. There is a convenient nearby bus station where we joined a wonderful day long tour to the Aran islands, recommended by the owners. On the last day my wife injured her knee hiking in the Burren and the owners' son drove us directly to a clinic which provided excellent emergency medical care at a very affordable price. I tried to pay them extra for the free shuttle service to the clinic but they wouldn't accept the money. This B&B is a great choice if you are staying in Galway.

Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed here 3 nights in October. It is located close to the bus and train station and just a short jaunt to the city centre this is a lovely B&B. My room had wonderful amounts of light - with two sky lights. It is located about a 15-20 minute walk from the city centre, which I found to be wonderful as you are close enough, but in a quiet area when it's time to finally sleep! The room was clean and well attended to. The breakfast was delicious - especially the insanely filling full Irish! Best of all the hosts were friendly, knowledgable and very helpful. For example: on my last day with them I was heading to the Aran Islands for an over night trip before coming back to Galway to then head on to Dublin. I had not told my hosts, but was a bit worried about what to do with all my extra luggage as I was intending to rent a bike on the Inis Mor (the Aran islands) and didn't want to lug all my things. Before I could even ask they offered to stow my bag over night (even though I wasn't staying there) and made gave me a key to the front door so I could come and retrieve my bags at my convenience. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to Ardawn House? Share your experiences!