“Excellent Location and Service” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Forster Street, Galway, Ireland   |
Ranked #9 of 56 Hotels in Galway
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Florida
“Excellent Location and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel is all about two things: a location in the heart of Galway within walking distance of the pubs, restaurants and pedestrian-friendly shopping streets and wonderful personal service from everyone from the front desk staff to the friendly bartender. Rooms are somewhat small, but well-appointed: note that rooms facing the front street can be noisy but many of them also offer small balconies. This is a popular hotel for locals coming into town for a night out or a stag party, so if you're looking for a quiet retreat, you may want to go elsewhere. I really appreciated the going-the-extra-mile service: the lovely blond girl at the front desk tracked me down in the dining room when I had not answered my wakeup call to make sure I was up and about. There aren't too many hotels where staff would go to those lengths.

Room Tip: Avoid the street-facing rooms if you want a quiet room.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I have stayed in a variety of hotels in Galway. I was expecting comfort and style. I was Dissappointed, the reception was small as was the rooms, the stairs were short and the lady on reception was friendly but lacked local knowledge and experience. Another major unfortunate difficulty not the responsibility of hotel was the car parking. The place was clean but overall the room lacked space and light (at least the room we stayed in). I felt the hotel was very basic, it is centrally located. The bar seems new but it was very quiet, all in Al in reflection I would stay in next doors park house for the extra 10€ for the comfort, style and luxury.

Stayed May 2015
Waterford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here bou a year ago. Rooms very nice bed really cofy. Find it hard to get out off it :). Plenty channels on TV........could do wit more a variety for cold buffey loved this hotel. And all night clubs and shops in walk-in distance. Will deffo be back ....o and de bar man DAT was dare can't rember his name ..:(

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Nigel C, General Manager at Forster Court Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Leanne6789,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post a review following on from you stay with the Forster Court Hotel last year. I was delighted to have read that you enjoyed your stay with us and your feedback is truly appreciated, I will be sure to pass on you kind words to our team and especially the bar team.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Forster Court Hotel in the near future.

Glenties, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had to book a hotel in Galway on the 16th April as my husband had an early appointment at the hospital there for the next morning & as we live in Co Donegal we needed somewhere to stay overnight, what a little gem I booked, the staff were all very friendly and so helpful, the rooms were clean & had plenty of room, the soaps, bath oils & shampoo were plentiful, there was even an ironing board & iron in the room & I was most surprised to see the room had a mobile fan should you need one, everything was catered for, the breakfast next morning was cooked to order (not like some hotels left in self serve heated pans which most times is just warm) this breakfast was plentiful & hot, there was also a variety of breakfast wether your choice was hot or cold, the serving staff again were most friendly & helpful, another bonus this little gem has is that it is two minutes from the coach & train stations & 2 minutes from the lively & busy Eyre Square with plenty of shops & restaurants etc if you need a place to stay in Galway make this little gem your stop, 10 stars Forster Court Hotel you deserve every one of them, thank you for such a lovely stay, best wishes to all Jackie Gallagher

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Ms Gallagher,

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review, your kind words are truly appreciated. I was delighted to have read that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a memorable interaction with our team. Equally I am glad to see that you both enjoyed you breakfast experience with our hotel also.

I will be certain to share your positive feedback with our team at our weekly guest care meeting. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you both back to the Forster Court Hotel in the near future.

Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Listed as a 3 star Hotel we thought that they were pushing it to meet that standard. Our room certainly did not measure up to 3 stars. dated design, decrepit furnishings, dingy and worn carpet and fixtures. The breakfast was good and the overall hotel design and decoration was OK. The room just killed it for us.

Room Tip: The room we had faced the street. It was loud but not for us. It might be for other visitors, though...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear MUPhilips,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post a review of your experience with the Forster Court Hotel. I must apologise if your stay did not meet your expectations.

I would welcome the opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel by discussing the matters raised in your correspondence further, should you wish to contact me please do so at the following nigel@forstercourthotel.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Newry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a great time staying here over Easter, so much so that we booked an extra night!
I asked for a room with a good view and it was delivered! Room 201 had a floor to cieling window which overlooked Galway.

Some of the furniture in the room was a little tatty and dated but was a lovely room all the same.

The breakfast was beautiful however the service could have been better.

Would stay again!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Megan Newry

Thank you for taking the time to write and post a review about your recent stay at the Forster Court Hotel. I will be certain to discuss in detail your feedback with our team at our weekly guest care meeting.

Once again thank you for your continued loyalty to the Forster Court Hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back to Galway in the near future.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First, lets be clear that a 2-star hotel is perfectly fine as far as I'm concerned. I've stayed in a wide range of hotels but I'm not a snob. Its just that the reviews (and price) for this hotel let me to expect something more than this. Uncomfortable beds with old bedding, lots of street noise, and a bathroom that hasn't been renovated in decades (and had only tepid water in the morning). The location is OK, but hardly great - on a busy street a bit away from the restaurants, but that didn't bring down my rating. Its just a 2-start property - at 4-star prices. BUT, the breakfast was outstanding, and included in the price. Next time I'm staying at Jury's Inn (which looked to be about a 3-star hotel!)

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear NYC_Traveller,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write a review of your recent stay with the Forster Court Hotel.

I apologise if your stay did not meet your expectations and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the matters raised in your correspondence further, if you would be so kind as to contact me at the following nigel@forstercourthotel.com, I would welcome the opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel.

Nigel Canavan

Been to Forster Court Hotel? Share your experiences!