“Galway for a night” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Galway for a night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed at the Forster Court Hotel on March 18th 2013, took the train from Dublin and got in around 10 am, the hotel is located a block away from the train station and when we walked in we were greeted immediately by a very friendly front desk receptionist. He informed us that our room wasn't ready yet, but that we could store our luggage there since we were taking a tour of the Cliffs of Moher. When we got back later that evening check-in was a breeze, the room was amazing, and the front desk staff was superb they answered everyone of our questions (we had a lot). I can't say enough great things about this hotel, if you have a choice of hotel in Galway, STAY HERE! It is perfectly located near the train station and bus station and is walking distance to all the pubs and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
ForsterCourtHotel, Front Office Manager at Forster Court Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Brian S,

On behalf of our team, I would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback and review on trip advisor. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful expierence in Galway.We hope that you had an enjoyable and memorable expierence here with us and would hope that you would return to us here at the Forster Court Hotel when your travelling in the future.

Yours Sincerley,
Forster Court Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Just back from a stag in Galway. Stayed at the Forster Court. Couldn't fault it. Friendly staff, rooms were a good size and clean, good food, great location, stag/hen-friendly and good late bar the Saturday night. Stayed here a few years ago too. Will be back next time in Galway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Frandiver,

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Forster Court Hotel.
Our team are delighted to take care of any groups and parties that join us here. On behalf of our team, I would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback, and we hope we made your stay as care-free and easy as possible. We certainly hope we will see you here again in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Yes, I liked this Hotel. I would best describe it as warm, clean and cosy, a boutique hotel. Close to the square and city centre walking distance, Not suitable for families as in no poo, play area etc. Parking is discounted at 50% with local parking company which was resonable as hotels who proivide free parking are generally out of the city meaning taxi !. Go ahead and book this hotel you cannot go wrong.

Room Tip: Second time staying here and found on both occasions all rooms to same standard
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
niall051, Front Office Manager at Forster Court Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Hi Glenn,

Thank you very much indeed for your kind words. Im very glad to hear you found our rooms to be cozy and comfortable and am delighted to hear that you found our location right in the city center, as well as our reduced guest car parking, to be a convenience for you during your stay with us.

I do hope we will get to welcome you back to Galway in the near future.

Kind regards,

Siobahn Doyle- Front Office Manager
dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My second time to stay at this hotel and once again, it was noise that ruined it for us.

First the good ... great location, lovely pleasant staff, attention to detail, excellent breakfast and a well appointed room

Excellent WiFi and a strong signal

The hotel has a special rate for parking in a nearby Multi Storey car park

Now the not so good .. noise from outside of people shouting during the night

I had per-booked and a day or so before arriving called to ask for a room in a quiet part of the hotel. I spoke with "Paul", he was efficient, knowledgeable, helpful and very polite

We were given room 310, which was away from the front of the hotel but appeared to look over the bus station at the back. We were awoken on more than one occasion during the night be people shouting and talking loud., To be honest, we could not decide if they were in a room below or above us or actually out on the street

Only other negative, was the heat in the room.. which left me baffled, as the heater was not on., yet, the room was very stuffy and warm.. even leaving the window open, which only opened a few inches, I assume for safety reasons

Overall though, a nice hotel with superb staff

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hi Flame01,

First off please let me thank you for submitting a review of our hotel, we very much appreciate any guest feedback and find it very informative.

In relation to your issues with noise, I do apologise if you found yourselves disturbed at any point during your stay. We do try our very best to allocate our guests away from any potential sources of noise, hence allocating you on our third floor, however as we are located right in the heart of Galway this can sometimes prove difficult with the hustle and bustle of a busy city center.

Once again I apologise if you found yourselves disturbed but I do sincerely hope we will get the oppertunity to welcome you back to Galway in the future.

Kindest regards,

Siobhan Doyle- Front Office Manager
Ennis, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I just love the Forster Court hotel - this was my third stay and it is quickly becoming a home from home. The staff are ultra professional but also extremely personable - good humoured and all seem to be enjoying their work,. Special mention to our lovely breakfast waitress( blonde friendly girl) who was a delight. The rooms are well appointed and spacious, the breakfast freshly cooked and of a very high quality (no chain hotel festering buffet here), location is great and the other guests all seem really cool and good fun too. I'm back with my friends at the end of the month and looking forward to it already - well done FC - a lovely experience every time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
HI Fay0210,

Let me just say I am absolutely delighted to read your reiew and to see that you once again enjoyed your stay. I think it's a real tribute to our hotel and all of our fine staff that you've returned to us not twice but three tiems with a fourth on the way.

Thank you very much for your kind words and we very much look forward to welcoming you back next month.

Kindest regards,

Siobhan Doyle - Front Office Manager

Anderson, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Staff very helpful and friendly as we've found everywhere in Ireland. But, this room is extremely small. I've had larger accommodations in hostels. Lamps only bedside: not one to even sit and read a paper. Very poor for the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
niall051, Front Office Manager at Forster Court Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Deskmoore,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here with us at the Forster Court Hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you found our staff to be so helpful and friendly. We have a great team here and your feedback is very much appreciated. I am disappointed to hear that you found your room to be small. Our rooms would be very much the standard size for our hotel rating category in Ireland. If I had been aware of your need for an additional lamp I could have of course arranged this for you. Should you return to the Forster Court Hotel in the future I would ask that you contact us directly and I will ensure that you are assigned as large a room as possible.

I sincerely hope that you enjoyed the rest of your time in Ireland and that you had a safe journey home to South Carolina.

Yours Sincerely,

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Just had a group there over the weekend. The staff were really friendly and genuinely engaging and funny. We got some great deals and the whole weekend went really well.

Thanks very much to all the staff!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear David F.,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here with us as the Forster Court Hotel. It was a pleasure to welcome you all to the hotel and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us! Your feedback is very much appreciated. To hear that you found our team of staff to be friendly and engaging means so much to the team. I sincerely hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Forster Court Hotel

Been to Forster Court Hotel? Share your experiences!