“New Years Eve” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 356 Restaurants in Galway
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Serving the best sea-food dishes created from the freshest fish, straight off the boat, top quality locally-sourced steaks, vegetarian dishes crafted from the finest local seasonal produce and an extensive wine list with over 40 wines from boutique vineyards around the world. Brasserie on the Corner offers the very best in upscale casual dining with dishes that are expertly prepared then served simply in a buzzing yet relaxed atmosphere. Menus have been carefully created using the best quality ingredients from local producers such as Renvyle Mussels, Gannet's Fishmongers & McGeough's Butchers. This is food with a sense of place from Galway's great natural larder. Brasserie on the Corner opens daily from 11am until 10pm serving lunch and dinner.
Cork
“New Years Eve”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Great restaurant - set menu for New Years Eve. Fab value at 49.95 for 5 courses and a glass of fizz!
Food was delicious every course presented well.
Service was attentive but not "in your face".
Would've liked a bit more of a buzz at midnight maybe but other than that we had a superb evening!
Post dinner drinks in the bar next door were good too.
Will return next time I'm in Galway.

Visited December 2013

Belfast
“Best steak I've had in years!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

After travelling south America I really thought I'd never taste another melt in your mouth steak... but here it was in Galway! My partner and I visited this restaurant one evening. We'd originally called in for lunch but it was very busy - dinner was much quieter. He ordered the chicken which he enjoyed but he definitely suffered food envy after trying my delicious fillet steak! It was so tender and cooked to perfection. It came with a choice of sauces/butters and also a very complimentary chutney, as well as chips and crispy onion rings. I liked that the wine list offered the choice of carafes as well as glasses/bottles. The service was extremely professional and pleasant (we were served by a young woman with long dark hair) and the ambience was perfect. Go here for an amazing steak (that won't break the bank balance either!)
Would I go back? - I'll definitely return to Brasserie on the Corner when I go back to Galway.

• Visited January 2014
galway
“Great food and service at reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I was very pleased with all aspects of this restaurant. Very friendly staff with prompt service. Our meal was delicious, good ingredients cooked perfectly. Lovely atmosphere, very cosy. Cannot wait to go back.

galway
“christmas party heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

11 of us attended a Christmas night out.As somewhere i always reccomend to my guests in bed and breakfast I made the suggestion to my group of Blakes and we were not disapointed.Excellent service through out the night from the second we arrived to the last one of us leaving.The food was amazing and the Christmas Menu had something for everyone including a few fussy eaters!I am heavely pregnant and the staff attended to every need to insure I wanted foir nothing.Cant wait to go back and will keep sending my guests.

Galway, Ireland
“Lovely staff, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Although not very cheap, still quite reasonable. The most perfectly cooked steak I've ever had. They ask exactly how you would like it cooked and do not displease. Wine was exquisite. Will definitely return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere