We didn't have any crazy problems or anything, but I would not stay here again. It's one big giant tourist hotel with buses full of tour groups.
- parking is free
- although a long walk, it's walkable to High Street, Quay, etc.
- apartments have full kitchens, and are not too expensive
- pool/gym: the pool area is awesome! It's indoor, big, and warm! We took our two year old there every day and he loved it! Have a spa, steam room, shower/locker facilities....this was my favorite part of the whole hotel
- restaurant on site and room service (see cons as well for more on this). And a bar.
- kids area (we never used since looked closed all the time, but nice touch anyway)
- pack'n'play/travel cot made available in room for us
- big, impersonal, nothing special
- restaurant: food was mediocre at best. But it did have a restaurant and room service, which when desperate, is great
- breakfast was sub par at best
- very tourist driven
We used a golf tour booking company on this trip and 1) we would not do that again and 2) they were the ones that booked this hotel for us. In their defense, I am guessing they did this because of us requesting something toddler friendly and preferably that had a kitchen, so I think the options were limited. In hind site, if this is what we wanted, we would have probably just gone with a holiday/vacation rental.
Best thing about this place is the price, but you get what you pay for, FYI.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, T4B, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Connacht Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Hotel Galway