“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 56 Hotels in Galway
Galway
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Excellent stay in this hotel, nothing at all to complain about, as a matter of fact we are thinking of booking same room again for another stay. Staff - food - room were terrific. Will be back again. ok

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

imperialhotelgalway, Manager at Imperial Hotel Galway, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Patricia 470
Thank you so much for your review. I was delighted to read that you had an excellent stay with us and that you are booking again. Good to also read that our staff are terrific it is always great to hear that we do try. As always this review will go up on our staff notice board.

Thanks again
The Manager
Galway City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were a hen party of 16 , we stayed for the bank holiday weekend and I have to say this hotel exceeded my expectations very good value right in the centre of everything fabulous breakfast ,you had to pay extra for a fry but you didn't need it ,so much food to choose from , the food in the bar was lovely and a good buzz in the bar at all times ,the rooms were basic enough but clean and the beds were comfortable , there was air conditioning which was great as it was quite warm , the staff couldn't do enough for us from the time we booked till we left I've never written a review before but had to write this as we were sohappy with our stay , if you are looking for somewhere reasonable central with nice food this is the place to stay

• Stayed August 2013
imperialhotelgalway, Manager at Imperial Hotel Galway, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Fitzyy

Thank you for your review I was delighted to read that your first review was a good experience for you. I was delighted to read as will the staff when your review will go up on our notice board as we do with all reviews" I have to say this hotel exceeded my expectations" that is something that we love to hear.
I was also delighted to read that you had a fabulous breakfast and that you enjoyed the food in the Bar and you are right there was a good buzz in the Bar that weekend which was thanks to you and your friends being so nice "A smile received is always returned"
Thanks again for your kind words and we hope to welcome you back to the Imperial Hotel again.
Cavan, Cavan, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Myself and a friend decided to go to Galway for a few days to enjoy the Galway Theatre Festival. I looked hotels up online and The Imperial was the most reasonably priced. I wanted something city centre close to Shop Street so that we could walk everywhere and have a drink at night and not have to get taxi's back to where we were staying. The car par isn't attached but you get your ticket stamped and pay €10 per day for parking which I think is reasonable. The bedroom was nicer than we expected, very clean and spacious. The staff were friendly and even gave us an umbrella when it was lashing with rain outside. I would definitely stay here again, it's location is second to non and walking distance to theatres, shops, restaurants and bars. Ideal for a city break.

Room Tip: As it is city centre there will be noise so the higher the floor the less noise
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Trina M
Thank you for your review and I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was also delighted to read that we exceeded your expectations and that your room was very clean and spacious. Yes we do have one of the Best Locations in Galway City right on Eyre Square and all attractions are only short walk from our front door.
Thank you again and we hope to have the pleasure of you staying again in the Imperial Hotel, Eyre Square,Galway City.

Galway City.
Astoria, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for 3 nights and it was perfect! The location is great, right in the center of Galway, and the room was very large and clean. It even had air conditioning which was perfect since it was very hot that weekend!!!

They have a good Continental Breakfast, plenty of choices. We even had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with the Manager John and he was GREAT! He was very accommodating and could not have been nicer.

Our travels took us all around Ireland and this was one of the best places we stayed for sure!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
imperialhotelgalway, Manager at Imperial Hotel Galway, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Hi Keri B
I was delighted to read your review about your stay with the Imperial Hotel, yes the air conditioning units did not no what hit them that weekend I would say that was the first time this year they were turned on ! it was my pleasure to meet with you and your friend and I hope you enjoyed Donegal. Thank you again for your wonderful review it was our pleasure to have two nice girls from NY showing us how its done....
We look forward to seeing you again sometime (might book a flight to NY myself)
Manager
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here on the girls weekend and have to say I was really looking forward to it.Intially all seemed fine..but when a girl sharing with me went back to the room and had no electricity and was worried that our room might be able to be accessed we were none to happy. This was raised with staff who moved our room but point blank refused to give refund or discount which was very shoddy

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Noodleska
Thank you for your review and I trust that you enjoyed your time in Galway City. I have spoken to the reception staff to get the full details and they have informed me that your friends were happy to change rooms and that the power failure was something that was out of or control.
Once again thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Galway City.
Southeast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed three nights June 23-26 at the Imperial Hotel in Galway with a small group of 11. Rooms nice, spacious, clean, and quiet on the backside of the hotel. Breakfast continental buffet simple but ample. Helpful staff. Location on Eyre Square perfect for local and daytrips. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
imperialhotelgalway, Manager at Imperial Hotel Galway, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear accidental_pilgrim

Thank you so much for your review. I was delighted to read how you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Imperial Hotel. Sorry for the delay in responding as I was on holidays myself. It was great to read that your group enjoyed our Bedrooms as being Spacious, clean and Quiet and that our staff were so Helpful and its true we do have a great location, right on Eyre Square Galway City.

Thanks again and as always this review will be posted on the staff notice board.
The Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My self and my daughter here and i must say we were very impressed the room was so spacious with double bed single bed and lovely sofa for t.v. which also turned into bed.was nice to sit and unwind instead of having to sit in bed which most hotels you do.staff were super friendly and helpful.plenty of shops and restaraunts right outside and supermacs right next door for parents with young children and mc.donalds within walking distance train station 5minutes away and bus station the same we went by train and would reccomend this for anyone with no transport.will definately go back and bring the hubby and young kids with me and wheter we,ll take the car or not its nice to know we can choose both options.

• Stayed June 2013
imperialhotelgalway, Manager at Imperial Hotel Galway, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Good morning Miriam,
Thank you for your review I was delighted to read that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us. Yes our location is excellent with everything you would need right on our door step. We would be delighted to see you back again with your younger children and the hubby. As always I will be delighted to display your review on our staff notice board.

Best regards and looking forward to welcoming your family back to the Imperial Hotel, Galway City.
Galway City

Been to Imperial Hotel Galway? Share your experiences!