“Beautiful setting and nice food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
entebbe
“Beautiful setting and nice food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had an informal lunch here last week as part of my brothers wedding day activities. We had the back room to ourselves and it was absolutely lovely. The staff are cheerful and polite and the service was quick and efficient, especially as there were many of us. The food is fresh and tasty and reasonably priced. The house is beautifully decorated and is a credit to the owners. I try to drop in here at least once on each visit home since it opened, and it is always a delight.

• Visited July 2013

Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Great food, sit outside in the courtyard if you can.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Just outside the centre, a wonderful place to stop off the tourist trail and relax. We chose a daily special of smoked salmon and salad to share and it was delicious. The cakes looked very tempting

• Visited July 2013
Cork, Ireland
“Good food, bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I went for lunch here today on my own, at about 2pm, so I missed the lunch hour rush. It was lovely and sunny so I went into the tea room and asked if I could sit outside. The girl I spoke to said yes, gave me a menu, and said she'd be out soon to take my order. She never came out, and when another waitress brought out coffees to the table next to me (about 10 minutes later), she took my order (cappuccino and a sandwich). Half an hour later and my food hadn't arrived, and I was the only table left outside. I began thinking I had been forgotten about, so I wandered in to the tea room and asked the girl that I had spoken to at the beginning if I could please have my coffee while I was waiting for my sandwich. She looked really surprised, and said of course. She brought me out an americano, didn't bring milk or sugar, and left again. She came back a few minutes later and asked what sandwich I had ordered, then went inside again. 10 minutes later she came out with my sandwich, and apologised because my first order had never made it to the kitchen apparently. My sandwich was beautiful, and I got some lovely fresh salads with it, and the coffee was delicious. When I went to pay they apologised for their mistake and gave me the coffee for free.

All in all, the food was lovely, but I won't go back because of their lack of attention!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Galway, Ireland
“Lovely restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a wonderful little restaurant right on the river. Their pancakes, eggs benedict and selection of teas are delicious. Well worth a visit.

• Visited April 2013
Clare
“Really nice lunch menu with breathtaking views!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is a lovely cafe to escape to for a different lunch and look out on the water. The menu is a bit different and everything I've tasted there so far is mouthwatering. The coffee is really good as well. Only drawback is the price - a little expensive for lunch but perfect as a treat.

• Visited April 2013