“Perfect for what I needed ” 5 of 5 stars

Flannery's Hotel Galway
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dublin Road | Galway City East, Galway, Ireland   |
Ranked #19 of 56 Hotels in Galway
Westport, Ireland
“Perfect for what I needed ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Had Xmas party in Galway recently so needed a budget hotel just to crash out after the night . Double room was fine clean nothing spectacular but done the trick.tv was tiny . Good price for a Saturday night as most hotels hike it way up . Loads of parking all in all happy

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Polish first
Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I returned yesterday from a break in this hotel and to say I was disappointed is a huge understatement. It was a birthday present and from looking at the website I was looking forward to a well appointed comfortable room. On your website standard rooms are depicted with beautiful carpets, crisp white duvets and flat screen TVs, what I received was a worn, tired and frankly disgusting room. Instead of the duvets there were brown blankets covered with orange bed spreads that were frayed, torn and with burn marks. The paint was peeling off the walls and the window would not even open. At 4am I was awoken to shouts from drunken people on the corridor and while I am aware that a hotel cannot supervise guests I expect a standard of soundproofing that would mean that I would at least not feel that these people were actually in my room. I came to the hotel excited and looking forward to my stay in Galway and upon seeing my room I was in tears. I feel that the website was extremely misleading. I wrote an email to the hotel telling them exactly what I have said in my review but unfortunately they did not have the decency to reply. For the price we paid for this hotel there are many more hotels of a much better standard available in Galway.

Room Tip: stay well clear of room 306
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Helmsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Toured north and south of Galway so this hotel was ideally placed near the ring road, easy enough walk into town as well for odd night out, really good filling breakfast, enjoyed our stay pleasant staff and clean quiet room

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Our last 2 nights in Ireland, great hotel, restaurant/bar attached, we ordered pizza in as well, comfortable clean room, beds were great, wish we had more night here. Bus ride into the main shopping town. 8 euro cab ride home, it was perfect. cant say more, We would def book here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed in this hotel only for 1 night with my family. We got a good deal, that's why we chosed this one. Other than that I would not stay there again. Room was really old fashioned and no heating! I have to ask for another room for my parents because it was so cold even if we got a heater in the room. Staff and bar are are really good, but nothing special. Breakfast was pure, tipical irish breakfaste but pure selection. Parking was free, you can just park beside the hotel, which is good. The location is not the best, it' 10-15 by car to get to the city centre.

Room Tip: Don't get room far from the lift because those rooms are colder.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed for one night and enjoyed the stay. It fitted the purpose, having got into Galway late at night and not being familiar, it was just before entering town so navigating there was straight forward. The room price was very reasonable, though most places would include breakfast in the room rate. The room was comfortable, bed too, nicely decorated ( no curtains matching bed covers) , just white bed duvet and a sheet between , which is always nice in a hotel bed. The bathroom was spotless and the glass bath/shower door was a plus, unlike hotel shower curtains which can be a hive for collecting dirt if kept unclean. Room was very spacious, bathroom a bit tight, power shower and clean. The tv in the room had many channels and was rather big, which was nice for a tv lover live myself. I can't fault this hotel at all. I had a nice sandwich served in the bar as it was late and it tasted great. I did notice there were more mature folks in the hotel and bar, so it’s a quiet hotel. A one man band was playing, and he was pleasant to listen to.
The hotel is not too far from the city centre, it however is not handy for quickly getting in and out of the main attractions without thinking of how to get in and out. It is not walking distance, so staying here you have to consider transportation. Check in and out was swift and staff at reception were pleasant.

Room Tip: Room near the back on second floor look out onto a soccer pitch, however the hotel generaters are...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
CORK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed here in October just gone for one night.....We informed the hotel we would be arriving early (1030am) and to be fair when we arrived our room was ready,check in was a breeze as the girl we dealt with was as efficient as a swiss clock.....Our room was fine clean with a generous size ensuite,along with many extras and the room temp was just perfect as i find sometimes hotel rooms can be like saunas....We dined in the Hotel that night and were served some excellent fare by Mai,who to be fair was an excellent waitress chatty knowledgeable and pleasant a credit to herself and her trade.....Breafast was also top drawer stuff which we could not fault....Overall the Hotel is well worth a visit and stay,the only negative is finding the place approaching from the Cork side and a bit of signage would not go astray if the council will allow it.............................

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Flannery's Hotel Galway? Share your experiences!