“Terrible” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #133 of 187 Galway B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

I agree completely with the other reviewer. The location is not great, but not terrible either, but the hosts are downright nasty (or, at least, one of them is). I arrived on a Thursday night and asked the man who checked us in if we could do laundry (we had visited the Cliffs of Moher and gotten our pants muddy). The man told us we could, but we would have to do it in the morning. The next morning he was gone and I talked to the woman at the desk. She told me I could not do laundry. When I protested and told her what I had been told the night before, she scowled at me and said I could do it but it would cost 15 Euro.

They were extremely unaccommodating with everything else as well. We could not leave our car in the car park for an extra hour or two after we left, they didn't show one of our rooms as having paid for the continental breakfast, the internet was spotty, and the rooms were shabby. I overheard her talking to another couple who asked if they could leave early and receive a partial refund on their room. You can imagine what the answer to that was.

Don't waste your time or money here, I'm sure there are much better places in Galway.

Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cologne, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

It looked kind of ok, when we saw photos on the net. The name is slightly misleading though, it doesn't overlook Galway bay, but Lough Atalia which is not really spectacular.
Still, it is in walking distance of the inner city, 20 mins maybe, that's not really special in a small place like Galway.

What was really terrible though was the service. Definitely no warm Irish welcome here. The receptionist appeared to be Russian, which we didn't mind, but while she wasn't exactly unfriendly, she really couldn't care less. Asking if we could borrow a glass apparently was already asking too much. The room was tidy, but small and decorated without any enthusiasm, the TV reception was terrible.

Breakfast was terrible and when on our departure day we asked if we could leave our luggage there for 2 or 3 hours that proved to be impossible as well, so we had to drag our stuff through Galway.

It's not cheap either, so my advice - simply don't go there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Light House B & B? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Light House B & B

Address: 40 Lough Atalia Road, Galway, Ireland
Free Parking
Ranked #133 of 187 B&Bs / Inns in Galway
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Light House B & B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage The Light House B & B, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.