“breakfast is the best bit!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lough Atalia Rd, Galway, Ireland (Formerly Radisson SAS)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #19 of 56 hotels in Galway
kilkenny, ireland
“breakfast is the best bit!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stayed here recently with my husband for one night. our room was very nice with a lovely view of the bay. bed was huge but shower was only average. check in was nice and swift, as they have a few people tending to customers. the breakfast is one of the best I have experienced, however big queues develop if your down after 10.30. variety and selection of food and drinks was second to none. only negative is the non functioning lift. its a massive inconvenience and seems to be out of action for months now. however, I would stay again and I slept soundly in a nice quiet room, even though it faced onto a road!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Firstly , thank you very much for your complimentary and informative review.

I would like to let you know that our lift has since been fixed but I do want to apologise for the delays it caused you during your stay.

I hope that this will not deter you from staying with us in the future and look forward to your return.

1,142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I arrived at the Radisson Blu very late on a Sunday evening for a conference and was greeted with a very friendly welcome. After a very quick check-in I was soon in the comfort of my room.

My room was large and had a very comfortable bed. There was a work area and chair although the chaise longue was superfluous and only really served to clutter up the room. I had tea/coffee making facilities, a flat screen TV, and an iron and ironing board. The Mini-Bar was empty, although I could ring reception for items to put into it.

The window opened a little, and I had a view of the Irish Inland Revenue building opposite. There was also free WiFi in the room, which worked fine.

The bathroom was clean, although the water from the sink taps only came out in a dribble. The water was warm though.

The food served for both lunch and dinner was very good, in particular the veal and the pasta. The desserts looked superb but I refrained from taking any !

The service in the bar was also prompt and friendly.

As reported by other reviewers, one down side to the hotel was that only one lift was working, so there were some delays waiting to go up or down to my room. The other lift seems to have been out of order for quite a while now.....

Overall though, my stay at the Radisson Blu was very enjoyable and I would be happy to return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
RadissonHotel G, Socail Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this review. It is always a pleasure to read that our guests would like to return to us.

I would like to reassure you that our lift has since been fixed and is back in perfect working order.

Again thank you for your time and kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

i rang the hotel to book a relaxing weekend stay for my boyfriend and myself after working a busy christmas period in the hospitality industry. a very pleasant guy called colm took the reservation, as it just so happened this same guy checked us in when we arrived... he was very courteous and professional, a real treasure to your team....
at just under 300euros i understood we were paying for the location as it is a short walk from eyre square and i have stayed in your sister hotel in cavan on numerous occasions and was well impressed.
as it was a long drive over i was looking forward to a nice relaxing bath with a glass of wine, only to find there was no bath only a wheelchair accessible shower with a small domestic shower-head. as disappointed as i was i taught its not the end of the world. so i decided id have a glass if wine and chill out for half an hour in my robe... or mabey not, as i think they forgot the robes also.i had to pull out the table to get to the mini bar because the room was to small for all the furniture only to find the mini bar was empty.....
i also rang the spa from my room to book massages for both of us but when there was no answer i left a message for them to call me back, since they didn't i took it that they were not interested in our custom....
we then went down to the bar to have a bite to eat and a couple of drinks. my boyfriend had a pint of bulmers {with pink lipstick all around the rim}, and to the best of my knowledge i don't think it was his.... the food however was amazing, we only had small snacks but it really hit the spot, and as for the breakfast each morning it was perfect, a great variety of fresh fruit, cheese and pastry's and perfectly cooked hot buffet.
we decided to go out for the nite so i put on my heals, only to have to walk down 4 flights of stairs as the lift was out of order[and stayed that way for the weekend] and across the tiled lobby which and more pools of water in it than the spa would have. all in all i did not enjoy my stay and wont be returning :(

Dear Guest,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write this review as your feedback is extremely important to us.

I do apologise that you did not have the experience that you expected upon your recent visit to our hotel.

I would like the opportunity to discuss your stay further as this is not the standard that we pride ourselves on and would like to make steps to improve the service we provide.

I would really appreciate if you would contact me directly so that we can go through your experience in further detail.

I hope to hear from you in the near future.

sarah.omahony@radissonblu.com
Western Ireland, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I booked this hotel so my friend and I (both females) could get a night away and after reading the reviews it seemed generally a good choice. When we arrived at the hotel we received a fairly quick check in. The gentleman behind the desk did his job appropriately but not overly friendly. We then proceeded to the room on the 4th floor which took a while as only one lift was working. This was a little annoying to say the least as the hotel was very busy and when the lift finally arrived it was packed, so one had to wait for another one. I noted that only one lift was functioning back in December according to another reviewer. Has the lift been broken for a month?

When we got to the room (twin room) we noticed that the beds were pushed together as if it was one bed and the room was quite small. I rang reception to see if we could get a room upgrade to a triple room or another room with the beds more spread out and was told there was nothing else available but was offered an option where housekeeping could come up and separate the beds (why wasn't this done before we arrived?). A lovely man came from housekeeping and basically moved the beds about 6 inches and put a locker in between them. Now the room was even smaller. However, we were determined this wouldn't affect our stay. We had two 25 minute massages booked for 5:00 pm. We left the room about 4:55 pm and found a sign for the spa outside the lift with an arrow. Again we had to wait a few minutes for the main lift but got off on the appropriate floor and continued to walk toward the arrows which brought us to a service lift. This lift said "spa" but it was out of order, but it didn't have a sign on it just a sticker over the button on the lift. There were no signs directing you to where the spa was located in the event the lift wasn't working. We then walked back to the main lift and waited again and went to reception to ask where the spa was and the receptionist said "it is outside the hotel across the the walkway". I was glad at this point I was fully dressed and didn't wear my robe as it would have been somewhat embarassing! When we finally reached the spa it was 5:05 pm and we were told we were late. I explained that we had been trying to find the spa but the lift wasn't working and we didn't know how to find it etc. we were promptly told that our treatment would be cut short by five minutes as there were other clients booked after us. We were both very upset but said we would go ahead anyway thinking that they really were not going to cut our treatment time. Well, they did. I complained and we got 15% off our treatments, but still paid over 40 euro each. We went back to the hotel and got ready for dinner, although not feeling at all pleased about the spa issue. We proceeded to the bar and ordered dinner. I had a burger and chips, and my friend ordered the fish and chips. We were both starving as had not eaten all day. My burger was definitely processed and over cooked and very few chips (frozen chips) came on the side. My friend's fish and chips was no bigger that a child's portion. We asked for more chips but they didn't arrive until we were finished our dinner. The waiter never came back to our table after that, so we had to walk up to the cashier to pay our bill. The food was very disappointing to say the least! we complained again and the two glasses of wine were taken off our bill but I honestly did not want to pay for the food at all, however we didn't want to ruin our night. At no point were we offered to talk to a manager and as much as I looked around there was not one manager to be found. Now we were still hungry on top of everything! luckily I had brought some popcorn and snacks with me so we had a few drinks and went back to the room for our snacks. The morning breakfast was the only good thing about the entire stay, and I will say there was a great selection of food....If we were referred to a manager by the staff at any point throughout the evening I felt I would have brought up all these issues up with them, which would negate the need to do a trip advisor review. I believe in allowing the management to make amends before putting negative reviews on trip advisor. Sorry Radisson Blu but you have a lot to learn about customer service! My suggestion is that when a customer complains about any service provided by your hotel that they are immediately referred to a manager to resolve any issues and things should be put right as it is too late when the stay is over and you leave your hotel wide open for poor reviews.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Firstly many thanks for bringing the issues you experienced to our attention. I am really disappointed that we have let you down so badly during your stay and of course I am extremely surprised to read that you did not receive the attention you deserved when you originally brought your findings forward.

I completely agree that you should have met with a manager during your stay and I have to apologise that this did not happen on this occasion.

I would however appreciate the opportunity to speak to you regarding your stay and would be delighted if you would contact me directly to discuss your experience further.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

sarah.omahony@radissonblu.com
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is my second visit to the Radisson in Galway. This time was just as lovely as the last visit
The hotel is comfortable, tidy and extremely well run.
The room was comfortable with plenty of space for our luggage.
Check in was smooth and quick, all staff we had encountered were friendly and willing to be of service. The only thing I could think of changing from our entire stay would be the temperature, the room was very warm and difficult to sleep in and the thermostat was non adjustable, but this was only one thing from the entire visit.

Apart from the location, the biggest selling point for this hotel is the Leisure facilities and spa area.
An 18 metre pool, Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. Then for the extra luxurious feel, an outdoor hot tub.
This has to be tried out at least once! Sitting in hot, bubbly water while the ice cold, windy air whips around your head is a wonderful experience.
As part of our trip, we booked some spa treatments and time in the thermal suite. This was all located underneath the leisure centre, with it’s own cosy relaxation area with complimentary fruit and teas.
The thermal suite was perfect. Could easily lose an hour reading on the heated loungers or experience some indoor “sun bathing” in the beach – a sand filled room which simulates sunrise to sunset.

Breakfast in the hotel was a great buffet. Selection of hot and cold foods, with almost every type of egg on the menu. I enjoyed getting the cold turkey slices with my hash browns and eggs as I don’t eat a lot of bacon/sausages. Chicken sausages were available upon request. I think it would be a good idea for the hotel to provide vegetarian sausages on request also.

The bar was tended well and had some lovely cocktails. Nothing too sweet – which is always a bonus

We used the bar for lunch once during our visit. It wasn’t the best food, but it wasn’t bad. I tend not to judge a hotel on it’s food, as I try to make it a rule to eat in restaurants, not hotels. The odd thing about the salad ordered was the size of the bowl it came in. I can only describe it as a cone, it was so tall. Pairing this with the low height from the bar chairs, it was exceptionally difficult to eat the salad at all.

Overall, my experience was lovely and I would definitely return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We are always delighted to ready that our guests have enjoyed their stay.

I would like to let you know that we are currently working on updating our air conditioning units and hope that this will address any heating issues you experienced.

I will also pass your feedback onto our bar manager regarding our salad bowls. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Customer feedback is of the highest importance to us.

Again thank you for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Galway.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Decent hotel with an adequate spa and leisure facility. Good atmosphere in the bar at night and food was very good. Some small issues with finishes within the hotel but overall it was a pleasant stay.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this review.

I am delighted to read that you had a nice stay with us. We are continuously striving to improve our product so I hope that you will be even more impressed upon your next visit.

Many thanks and best wishes,

Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here because we received spa vouchers as gift and decided to get away for a night and stay in hotel as rates were really good. From start to finish we had a lovely experience, speedy check in, v courteous and friendly, spa treatments were fabulous. Facial and two massages. Best massage I ever had, hubby very impressed too. Room lovely, classy interior, marvellous bed, everything cleaned to perfection. Breakfast was great, huge buffet, lovely coffee. I will absolutely be back!

• Stayed January 2014
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordintor at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

It is fantastic to read that you will return in the future.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience in the hotel and in spirit one spa.

Thank you for writing this review.

We look forward to having you back.

Besy wishes ,

Sarah O Mahony

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway? Share your experiences!