“Slick, friendly hotel in the centre of Galway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway

You added Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lough Atalia Rd, Galway, Ireland (Formerly Radisson SAS)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #20 of 56 Hotels in Galway
efay
“Slick, friendly hotel in the centre of Galway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night with friends. We requested a triple room which was very spacious and nicely decorated. Staff were very friendly and efficient. We did have a problem with our shower not draining late one night -the receptionist tried to help and sent someone up to check. They promised to come up early in the morning and didn't but the problem resolved itself. Breakfast was lovely, a step above the usual hotel food, and the outdoor hottub was amazing.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Executive at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great comments and feedback about your recent stay with us. It is wonderful to hear that our guests are happy and we appreciate you choosing the Radisson Blu Galway for your break away.

Apologises for the problem with your shower, I hope this did not cause you too much inconvenience.

I hope you will come back and visit us again very soon.
Jennifer Duggan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just arrived back from staying for the weekend. Payed 400 euro for business class and was not worth it! There were belongs from other guests left in the room so obviously was no cleaned right! Expecting turn down service there was none in friday night and i said to reception so on saturday evening the girl left water and a sweet but did not turn down the bed! When the room was cleaned on saturday they did not replace the dirty glasses in the room we had. To be honest i was hoping for a bit of luxury but didnt get i! Veery disappointing.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so sorry to read your comments and apologise on behalf of the hotel for letting you down. I understand your frustration with regards to the room and appreciate you bringing these points to our attention. We have just added new business class rooms to our hotel offering and these comments will certainly be given of the Housekeeping Manager for review.

I hope you will not let this experience deter you from staying with us in future, I know we can provide the level of hospitality you deserve.

Suwanee, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed at the Rad Blu for 2 nights in late June. I took advantage of the 10E per night upgrade to a higher floor and have a feeling it was a good thing. The higher floors are recently renovated. It was a very nice room on the end of the wing with two wonderfully large windows, but for having been recently renovated it was showing a few small signs of wear and tear already. However, if I hadn't been told it had been renovated, I doubt I would have even noticed. There is a minibar in the room as well as the standard tea/coffee - but I was concerned about disturbing the sensored items and accidentally being charged for things as I used the fridge for my own food.

The location is very handy to the Galway train station, just about 1 1/2 blocks out the side exit for the buses. It's about 3-4 blocks from Eyre Square - not much of a walk at all. From there it's an easy walk down to the bay via Shop St (where I enjoyed a wonderful Sat afternoon listening to the buskers).

If the weather is nice, be sure to take advantage of the terrace off of the main lobby for nice views over the lough and some sea breezes.

If you're a breakfast person, the breakfast buffet at the Rad is great! By happenstance I think it was included with my upgraded room and I took advantage of a nice meal on my second morning.

Hats off to Colm at the reception desk who seemed to be there everytime I stopped by. He was very friendly and able to answer all of my questions about getting around town.

Room Tip: If available, ask for a view over the lough. Take a higher floor room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your fantastic comments. It is great to such a positive review and it mean a lot to us that you took the time to share your experience with everyone here on TripAdvisor.

Colm will be delighted with your comments, thank you.

I hope you had a wonderful holiday and that the next time you are in Galway that you will visit us again.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is a Fodor's Choice recommendation but it is not my choice at all. We stayed 2 nights and I could not wait to move on to our next stay. I long ago quit staying in Radisson's in the US, and I can see that Radisson in Europe is having the same decline in standards.
Upon checking in we found debris left over from the prior guest (since we did not have anything with yellow feathers). The wood frame around the bathroom door is splitting and warped, and it took 3 calls to get the "non-slip" rubber mat brought up for the tub. The room was warm and stuffy and I would expect a hotel like this to have adequate air conditioning.
The breakfast was a mess. Dirty tables everywhere and they were very understaffed.
On a more positive note the staff made 2 great recommendations for dinner and at the desk they were very helpful. Not so much in the lounge though. They seemed kind of put out that we actually showed up to have a glass of wine. The location was good though with a reasonable walk to the shopping and restaurants of Galway.
Do yourself a favor and find another hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Executive at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so disappointed reading your comments as it seems we have let you down and I can assure you this was never our intention. As you can see from other reviews here on the site, we are thankful that the majority of our guests are happy with our property and services and we apologise if you did not feel the same about your stay.

We are currently rolling out refurbishment within the hotel, bedrooms, lobby and restaurant and are looking forward to our new look, which will certainly live up to the 4* standards you have come to expect from Radisson Blu.

I hope you will not let this experience deter you from staying with the Radisson Blu group in future. We offer a 100% Guest Satisfaction Promise to each one of our guests and will not let you down again.

Tampa, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Great firm king size mattress with all the amenities anyone could want. Included breakfast is really nice and includes everything from fuits and cereals to eggs and bacon and sweets. Will definitely stay here the next time we are there. It was nice to get back to a modern hotel after some bed and breakfast places. Each has their own charm but we were ready for firmer beds and in room temperature controls.

Never new about the Radisson BLU line of hotels. I must say they really changed my impression of Radisson. Staff were very helpful as well. Great place and location. Just a short walk to the city center with all the pubs and restaurants.

Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for your lovely comments and for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Galway. It is great to hear such positive feedback and it is wonderful to see the Radisson Blu Brand worldwide has impressed you!

I hope you will come back and visit us again very soon.

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

A very spacious, bright and shiny hotel that makes one really happy to be away from home:) Totally suitable for the purpose of a romantic night away.

Our room was in the West End (or was it East End), a walk and a few lift trips away. Not a problem for well organised holiday makers, however, a long and lonely walk back to the car for anything left behind. On the other hand, the room in That End was really peaceful. I personally loved the corner window and duvets.

Needless to say that the standard of hygiene was high.

AND:
Breakfast was great. Start well with fruit only to get greedy and find yourself at the hot containers...simultaneously hoping to grab a few of those tiny sweet pastries on the way to your table...and then send your partner for more:)) and be disappointed when he brings back some grapes:)

BUT:
The main lifts are a nightmare, never seem to stop or head your direction, it takes ages to get into one...plenty of time to examine the condition of your luggage whilst queuing to hop on:)

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience with us all. It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and means a lot to us that you took the time to upload your thoughts here.

You will have to come back and visit us again very soon. We promise you a lovely room close to the lifts, with a sea view.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Galway in the future.

Middletown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was a two night stop on a globus tour and we were so pleased with the choice. The rooms were nicely sized and the beds were comfortable. The location was great. It was about a ten minute walk into town and there were plenty of pubs close by. Visited the Galway Cathedral and had dinner in McDonaghs - great fish and chips, would certainly recommend this hotel for a stay in Galway.

Dear Guest,

It is great to hear such lovely comments from our tour group visitors. I hope the rest of the group enjoyed their stay as much as you did. Galway is a great city and we are always delighted when our tour groups are impressed with the hotel and our location.

I hope the next time you are in Galway that you will stay with us again.

Jennifer Duggan

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway? Share your experiences!