“If you like cheese that tastes like gum, get pizza from Cappone's” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Capones Restaurant & Take away

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dublin, Ireland
“If you like cheese that tastes like gum, get pizza from Cappone's”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

It used to be a nice place to eat pizza, but the quality was gradually going downhill. We were getting pizza elsewhere, but tonight we decided to give Cappone's another chance. It was a mistake.
1. The chips were all different sizes from huge lumps of potato to tiny dry pieces. It looked horrific.
2. The pizza had barely any sause on it and cheese on top of it tasted like gum, it was guee and tasteless.
We won't get anything from them again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Ireland
“Terrible Service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Went for an early dinner here after a days work this evening - Thursday Special 2 Pasta Dishes & 2 Glasses of Wine €14.95 sounded better than cooking.. We arrived at the restaurant at 5:20pm, waitress at the table immediately. We weren't offered any specials menu so inquired. No specials on today, me: what about the Thursday Specials?, Waitress: "No that was last year"!! I explained it was featured on website at 4pm today, "Oh that's the Sirloin Steak"?? She said we could have a 2 course for 12.95 each and proceeded to walk away. The waitress still hadn't come back to our table by 5:55pm so we go up and left, one other waiter standing at the counter staring out the window as we left, there were 8 guests in the restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
Capones D, Manager at Capones Restaurant & Take away, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam
I am truly sorry for the bad experience you had in Capones recently. You were right I took my eye off the ball and never change the website and the details. Thanks to your review this has now been rectified.
I would like to invite the three of you in on a night of your choice for a pasta and glass of wine. Again my sincere apologies and thank you for your valid criticism as much as I hate to hear a negative comments I do appreciate it.

Hope you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves.

Geraldine
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Awesome food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Capones has great food, and if you order take away it's ready fairly quickly. It's a bit outside of the city center but if you are in the area it's a solid place to eat. Prices are fabulous as well. I've heard their burgers are great and the pizza is delicious (I even prefer it to most pizza places in Chicago!).

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Paris, Kentucky
“Best Food In Galway, A Must Visit Spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Fantastic food, best I've had in a long time! The chef is awesome and knocks out amazing dish after dish every time we visit. If you haven't been yet you're missing out, quality food & impeccable service, put a visit to Capones on your to do list now!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sligo
“prize pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The pizza here is great..super tasty and you can get a large one that will feed even the hungriest family.....The restaurant is usually busy so that is a good sign..I usually get take- away's and the only thing is don't be in a hurry as they are a bit slower than most......some people like their chips but i find them much too greasy....pizza good value but find the rest a little pricy

Visited July 2012