“Great Indian food in Galway” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Massachusetts, USA
“Great Indian food in Galway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

After nearly a week of pub food, we were ready for a change so asked the hotel clerk to recommend an Indian restaurant. She sent us here, and we had a very good meal. The samosas we ordered as appetizers were somewhat disappointing, but the main courses--tandoori lamb and chicken biryani--were excellent. The raita was spectacular. Service was slow, but we were in no rush.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Genuine World Class Indian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Absolutely superb, authentic Indian Food.

They advertised they make everything using fresh ingredients, dont use colourings and are one of the only if not only Indian to source all food from accredited sources.

I was still in for a surprise.

I must have eaten Indian food in more than 50 different restaurants in London, Glasgow and all over Ireland and this was as good, if not better than anything I have eaten.

The chicken is melt in your mouth chicken that only a charcoal clay tandoor oven can produce. My Madras sauce actually had a couple of lemon slices I had to pull out, but that only added to my belief of their previously mentioned declarations.

My only gripe - and this is just me personally because I grew up in London where 5 star, fantastic Indian food was only marginally more expensive than fast food - you have to dig deep for this particular privilege - in particular in comparison to some of the value being offered by some of the many other restaurants in Galway City.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brussels, Belgium
“Good place, good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

If you like Indian food you won't be deceived! The people are very nice and helpful. You can have all classic dishes everyone knows but I also discovered a couple of dishes I had never tried before which always makes the experience better!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Villach, Austria
“till the kashmir it was my faforit sag paneer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

still in the match for best sag paneer in Ireland, great variaty of spices and dips. Good value and nice stuff

Visited September 2012
Golden, Colorado
“Food was excellent, wish we lived closer.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by here during our stay in Galway. Not sure what the previous person, Katie, ordered but the food we ordered was excellent. We are Indians and know what good Indian food is and all of our dishes were extremely enjoyable. We ordered vegetable korma, saag paneer, malai kofta, pulao rice and garlic naan. The best part was none of the dishes were oily nor too heavy in cream they tasted homemade. The waiters were incredibly nice and the restaurant was beautifully decorated.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere