“Kai” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Pickering, Canada
“Kai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Absolutely excellent lunch using locally grown produce. Wonderful atmosphere and obviously a very popular place. The staff were friendly and hard working. I loved it.

Visited September 2013

Cork, Ireland
“Hit's the spot, and also the pocket!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Enjoyed a lovely lunch, seated outdoors in mid-September. Service was good, and my lunch was tasty. However, I was quite disappointed with the portion of crab which came as part of my dish. For me, it was to be the main event but alas, the crab was served (this was not mentioned) in an (albeit tasty) creamy mayonnaise sauce which was bulked out by a few other unidentifiable bits and pieces - spring onion for one.

Again, don't get me wrong. It was a great lunch - as good as you'll get in Galway. I was very happy to pay the high-end lunch sum of €11.50 for something a bit special. But I did think the menu was a little misleading and given the price tag, the amount of crab was pretty meager.

I found it hard to resist the selection of sweet treats, which looked positively delightful. I will be back for more!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Quirky Decor & Yum for Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Came in here on a double date for some of Kai's famous brunch. I think we all had the same - NZ spinach, poached eggs and smoked salmon. It was enormous so I didn't mind that it was slightly expensive. The two boys also ordered extra poached eggs and it was no problem at all. The decor in Kai is quirky, modern and refreshing for me being used to the same old interiors in Dublin. I'm looking forward to coming back and trying out the dinner menu which I've heard is fantastic!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bozeman
“Irish cottage ambience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had heard about the Kai, and found it on a little side street in downtown Galway, near Galway Bay. It was a bit pricy, but worth it. We started with the crab dip topped with caviar, on a bed of shredded cucumber, which was delicious. I had the lamb chops. I asked for well done, but should have requested medium. The meal was garnished with standard rice pilaf and carrots. My guest had the monkfish and rice. The rice was overdone.. My wife had the same as I. The desserts were espresso ice cream and chocolate mousse, which were a bit on the exotic side. In all, a trendy little place worth a visit, but make a reservation.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lodi, WI
“Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This was recommended by our B&B. We arrived too late on a Saturday night to get in without a reservation, but the maitre d came outside and wrote a list of his recommendations and reasons why. WOW. That is service!

Visited August 2013