“Delicious and different - definitely recommend” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Australian, New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Ireland
“Delicious and different - definitely recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

I ate here with my partner at the end of August 2011. The restaurant was busy but they gave us a table without reservation - I would imagine you would need to reserve as I can see this restaurant only growing in popularity.
The menu was unusal and varied. We were not very hungry and just ordered three starters, which were very substantial and reasonably priced from €7.00-€8.50.
We had smoked mackeral, ox-tongue terrine and clams (served with the most delicious pasta I have tasted). All dishes were plated in a very attractive fashion. The varied salad leaves were accompanied with edible flowers and the sauces with each dish were on-the-side and well matched to the food.
The stafff were very friendly and efficient - I highly recommend Kai for a meal out with friends or a partner. I look forward to eating a full course meal at Kai again!

“Different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

I enjoyed both meals I had here. Very tasty food and nice ambience. Was disappointed that there were only two of the five dishes available one day but we were a bit later for lunch that usually would be. Had a feta cheese salad that was beautiful and the most amazing dessert, lemon slice. Also had the dahl and it was to die for. Not cheap but I suppose you get what you pay for.

Galway, Ireland
“One of my fav places in galway”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

I came to kai with my mum. Both of us liked the place. When we arrived we were met by a not very welcoming girl behind the counter. However, our male server was very nice and the food tasty.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best food in Ireland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Have eaten here numerous times. The food is always great. Wonderfully fresh and always seasonal. It has a unique atmosphere and the staff are friendly and good fun. Jess the chef and her husband David should be very proud of their restaurant. It is a very special place.

“wont be back!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Had heard great reports about this new restaurant. We live in Galway and eat out every saturday night. We were seated behind the door and it was very cold. When we asked to move we were told there was no other table and there was nothing they could do...not good enough!! We had a lovely starter and then waited an hour for our main! The food was nice but you wouldnt want to be too hungry! Quite expensive. The Lady owner was quite rude when we gave her some feedback, we were told after, that is her manner!!...again not good enough. Overall not a good night and we will not be back.

• Visited June 2011