“Last minute stop” 4 of 5 stars

Exeter, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
“Last minute stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This was a last minute booking and they fit us in, it was just us. While the horses were not ready when we got there, the personalised service made up for it.

Visited March 2014

Galway, Ireland
“Closed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Closed. Due to bad management. And poor service. People said on the beach to many accents. Horses ware unsafe. And dangerous

Visited June 2014
North Carolina
20 attraction reviews
“Closed :-(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We were really looking forward to a ride at the beach and discovered the center had been closed about 2 years ago.

Visited July 2012
Alaska
“Riding through the Bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2006

My 19 year-old daughter and I fulfilled a desire when we rode with Rusheen Riding Centre, after watching from our BnB window as others rode through the bay at low tide . It looked romantic, riding along the Irish coast. The ride was beautiful - the Galway coast and hills, a short walk through the woods -and the guide professional. Walking through the water pushed my comfort zone a bit, but the guide encouraged us that it was routine for the horses. Certainly, there is not much that could match the scenery.

The stirrups had 'keepers' that kept our feet from sliding forward, which made it possible to ride in running shoes (as opposed to boots with heels). They were clearly geared toward tourists.

The only down side was my daughter's horse, which was reluctant to pick up the pace - a likely result of hauling too many non-riders. She felt frustrated. We did get to trot across the sands and on the hill overlooking the bay. Once her horse decided to actually trot, it had a comfortable gait. Trotting and walking might have been tame for more experienced riders, but was OK for us. Next time I'd ask to canter a bit as it was a relatively safe area.

It wasn't cheap - 35 euros/hour or 50E for 90 minutes. We decided it was worth it for the unique experience.

A TripAdvisor Member
“1hour and 10 minutes for two hours”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2005

I got this voucher from some friends to ride at Rusheen Riding Centre.
I’m crazy about horses and I was extremely happy about this.
Finally the day came.
I got there easily, very close to a bus station. which is very good
The horses were ready at 14:35 and I paid for 2 hours so I was a little suspicious when I saw the sign: next ride at 4 o'clock.
But the sign was true: our ride finished at ten to four (so they had time to take the horses back in) so, I paid for 2 hours (well my friends did) and I had the opportunity to ride for not more then 1 hour and 10 minute.
the instructor was very friendly, and obviously because they give riding lessons there as well, he didn't let me trot, only walk (because I had a problem with the saddle - they have some sort of boot stopper, which made my ride uncomfortable, and I couldn’t ride properly). So if next time I want to trot, I better take some lessons from them (otherwise next time… walking again)