“What a visit and wish to say a HUGE Thank you.........” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
€69 (EUR)
Ranked #1 of 56 Hotels in Galway
Galway, Ireland
“What a visit and wish to say a HUGE Thank you.........”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I thought long and hard how to say all this as words are hard to find but I wish to thank the trip advisor for the opportunity to say all this....... Wish to say HUGE THANK YOU, and to show my level of appreciation and forever greatful to the wonderful ....... Staff & Management of the Galway Bay Hotel, Salthill, Galway, Ireland!
The expertise, fast response that we received, whenI took my parents for a meal the level of care and fast actions of the Staff saved my father life...
Fast response of First Aid on the Hotel premises before the Ambulance arrived was a life savour for my father. We took many day trip and the level of service was professional, efficient & friendly staff at all times
Massive and big Thank you to the all the staff that helped out and they had wedding on, busy in the bar and restaurant!
What a professional Hotel & trained staff in many areas & I do thank god that it was Galway Bay Hotel did select for the meal on the day!

Wish to thank each and everyone of you..... FOREVER Greatful, Anna

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear ‘Anna N’,

Thank you for your return visit to the Galway Bay Hotel and thank you also for sharing your views

I am so delighted to learn that our team were able to assist your father in such a quick and efficient manner and I will pass on your regards to them. We are extremely lucky to have such a wonderful team who are so focused on the guest and so passionate on first class hospitality. I have uploaded your comment on my guest feedback log for all staff members to view and will address with all staff members in our weekly costumer service meetings.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Galway Bay Hotel in the future and if I can be of any assistance at any time please do not hesitate to contact me directly at dmurphy@galwaybayhotel.com .

Kindest regards,
Dan Murphy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a two night stay with 12 family members. The hotel is a great location, lovely breakfast very helpful staff. Patricia and Shane deserve a mention as members of staff with this level of great customer service are an asset to any hotel !!! This was our first visit & I'm sure we'll be back. Thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed August 2013
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear ‘Kentby70’,

Thank you for your visit to the Galway Bay Hotel and thank you also for sharing your views. I am delighted that you really enjoyed your stay with us.

All of the team are delighted to see that you had such a nice time with us and your positive comments regarding the quality of food and the quality of the team are most welcome. Patricia and Shane are delighted to be mentioned in such a positive manner through such a public medium and they pass on their gratitude to you.

Thank you again and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,
cavan, ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Myself, my husband and our two children stayed in the Galway Bay Hotel for three nights over the bank holiday weekend. We had a very enjoyable time. The staff were friendly, accomodating and helpful, especially Patricia, one of the managers who was always keen to ensure we were happy and enjoying ourselves. We received a vouvher for a pet farm nearby, which was a grest day out fir us all. The breakfast was a banquet of whatever your preference was, from full Irish to continental and much more. The evening meal was also a sumptuous dining experience, and enjoyable for the children also. The relaxed atmosphere in the conservstory, the beautiful views of Galway Bay, the child friendly atmosphere and the ideal location all contributed to a great stsy and ensured that we will be back next year.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the bay, it is beautiful
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear ‘Shamrock79’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for your valued feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

Your positive feedback regarding the the quality of food in our Lobster Pot Restaurant and relaxed atmosphere along with the very friendly staff here in the hotel is great to hear and I have to say it is a replica to the overwhelming majority of the 305 pieces of guest feedback which I received last week. Patricia is delighted to be mentioned in such a positive manner and passes on her sincere gratitude to you.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again at some stage in the future

Kindest regards, Dan Murphy
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel over Galway Race weekend. Hotel is out of Galway centre and located on the esplanade at Salthill. It is beside a fun park but that was not a significant problem. Room was OK, breakfast was good. The hotel was showing a little bit of age and the area it is in does not appear to be the best area of Galway. The staff was helpful. Was a bit noisey because of a wedding over the weekend and very busy because it was the holiday weekend and Race weekend. I would be quite prepared to stay again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear FLB24,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for your feedback.

I am very happy to see that you found the service to be good and the staff throughout the hotel to be helpful. They certainly are a super group of people who are so motivated and focused when it comes to delivering top class service to all guests consistently.

The hotel has been comprehensively refurbished over the past couple of years. We are open 15 years and we have a very structured approach to maintaining and refurbishing the hotel in a vey structured manner consistently. Regarding the noise you encountered – again I am terribly disappointed. We do have night management team all of whom are managed by our night manager. These team members are positioned throughout the hotel and monitor noise throughout the duration of the night. Obviously on this occasion we failed. I have addressed these issues with the relevant management and staff and collectively we have taken the necessary corrective action to ensure that we do not have a repeat with any guest in the future. I do hope that this incident will not deter you from visiting the Galway Bay Hotel again in the future.

I would be delighted if you dropped me a line at dmurphy@galwaybayhotel.com. Thank you again and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Galway Bay Hotel again in the future.

Kind regards,

Grünwald
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The Hotel suposes to be one of the best ones at Galway...for us a big disappointment.
It is situated at the sea promenade beside a fun park.The building is old, shabby and not inviting. The service is not competent, rather unfriendly - except the manager who tries to save, what can be saved. The rooms are small with very small windows in the 2. floor. The bathroom is old and not really clean, actually around the sink was a disgusting black fouling.The breakfast is a hightmare...smelling, overcrowded breakfastroom, horrible coffee. For europeans from the continent exactely, what they don't like.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear ‘hupingzhand',

Thank you very much for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel on your recent trip to Galway and thank you also for taking the time to post this review.

Naturally, when any guest leaves the hotel less than 100% satisfied, all on the team are genuinely concerned as this is definitely not the normal standard of service we strive to offer any guest of the hotel. All on the team would like to apologise to you most sincerely, as it is quite clear that you have not experienced the true Galway Bay Hotel experience which we are renowned for.

The Galway Bay Hotel is 14 years old with a classical look and feel running throughout. This classical look and feel runs through all areas of the hotel, including the hotel bedrooms. We have refurbished the hotel in its entirety on two occasions since opening, the latest being just a couple of years ago. The hotel bedrooms have been included in each of these refurbishment programs. Thankfully, we have a very strong occupancy level and we encourage guest feedback at all times. I receive approximately 250 pieces of feedback weekly from guests of the hotel. All of this feedback is received in a very structured way from hotel guests, by word of mouth (to guest services on check out etc), by letter, comment card, random post visit calls and indeed web sites such as trip advisor. All of these comments are collated, uploaded onto our ‘Guest Feedback Log’ and reviewed daily. As you can imagine, over the years there is a huge amount of feedback on this log. I mention this as I am very anxious to point out to your good self and indeed all trip advisor users that your comments are certainly not the norm here in the Galway Bay Hotel. When it comes to guest service one of our core values is Positive Personality and this is something which we received super feedback on daily. I have to say that I am so lucky to have such a super team whom are so dedicated to delivering top class service on a consistent basis.

Please feel free to contact me directly at dmurphy@galwaybayhotel.com as I would welcome the opportunity to say hello in person and hopefully you might afford me the opportunity to regain your confidence with the Galway Bay Hotel at some stage in the future.

Warm regards,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We spent one night here during our two week trip in Ireland while travelling with our two children. The hotel was nice but our family room was pretty tight for 4 people. Everything was clean, the staff were accomodating and the breakfast (a buffet) was pretty good for a large hotel. Don't be deceived by the pictures the hotel is across a busy road from the beach and bay. However, we did enjoy walking along the beach walk and ended up walking in to old town Galway to eat. In addition there is a very small amusement park next door and the aquarium is a short walk down the street. We picked this hotel so our children could utilize the pool and they did enjoy it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear ‘Travelopalooza’,

Thank you for our feedback and thank you sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel during your trip to Ireland . All on the team are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our location overlooking the beautiful Clare Hills and the famous Galway Bay . The walk from the hotel to Galway city certainly is fantastic and I am thrilled that you enjoyed it – I hope you kicked the wall at the end of the promenade – a tradition with all Galwegians who regularly walk the promenade. With all of the great weather recently I hope you had an opportunity to take a swim in the blue flag beach right on our doorstep or even dive from the diving tower across from the hotel – if you were feeling adventurous of course! Mostly a lot of our guest like to sit relax and watch the world go by from on e of our sea view lounges, sea view terrace or our sea view conservatories a great way to end a day!!

Thank you also for menti on ing the friendly staff, clean hotel and very good food. All of these are mentioned consistently by guests of the hotel.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again so on .

Best regards, Dan Murphy
sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Galway Bay hotel, felt it was overated, over priced and a big dissapointment. The sea and views are bland, i much preferred the Irish Countryside which was beautiful. Galway Bay Hotel was mainly frequented by tour bus people and the over 70's, no warmth like you get at a good B & B, just a big Hotel with all the usual trappings, but no charisma.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ‘pumpa11’,

Thank you sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently.

I am terribly sorry to learn that you did not have a pleasant time with us. All on the team would like to pass on their sincere apologies to you. I have a wonderful team here, they are all so passionate and focused when it comes to delivering top class personality and service to all guests consistently. Obviously you did not experience the true personality and charm for which we are renowned for and I do apologise to you most sincerely once again. I receive close to 300 pieces of guest feedback on a weekly basis at the moment. These comments are received by way of guest comment card, letter, e-mail, guest comments to our Customer Services Manager on check out of the hotel and indeed by way of follow on calls to a random amount of past guests by our Sales department. I am delighted to report that the overwhelming majority of these comments are extremely positive regarding the atmosphere throughout the hotel, the attitude of all staff members, the positive and charming personality of all on the team and the service levels delivered by all on the team along with many other areas not mentioned by your good self, such as excellent quality of food at breakfast and dinner in our Lobster Pot Restaurant and also in our main bar along with the excellent location of the hotel and indeed the excellent value provided. I merely mention this to outline to you that your experience is the exception as opposed to the normal standard experienced by guests of the hotel.

Our location is on the promenade in Salthill, on the outskirts of the vibrant Galway city. The hotel is overlooking the beautiful Clare hills and the famous Galway Bay. There are super walks and trails on our doorstep and we are only a short drive from the mountains and lakes of Connemara – many local and indeed international guests use the Galway Bay Hotel as a base to explore this beautiful countryside.

Please feel free to drop me a line at dmurphy@galwaybayhotel.com as I would welcome the opportunity to liaise with you and hopefully regain your confidence with us at some stage in the future.

Warm regards,
Dan Murphy

Been to Galway Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!