“A pleasant place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Tripadvisor Deal
Ranked #3 of 56 hotels in Galway
Dublin, Ireland
“A pleasant place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

In my job I travel a lot and stay in hotels all over Ireland mainly for one and two night stays. So after a while and a thousand miles all hotels start to look the same, distinguished only by the courtesy and helpfulness of their staff.

The Galway Bay Hotel is by far the best hotel I have stayed in during the twelve years my show is on the road. It is my preferred choice for business and pleasure accommodation when staying in the Greater Galway City area. This is mainly because of the courtesy and helpfulness of the staff. There is always a welcoming smile and a genuine willingness to help and of course the food is wonderful and the facilities are excellent and the hotel is right opposite the beach. It makes being away from home so much, that bit more pleasant.

For business purposes the location for me is really convenient for early morning access to Galway City and West County Galway. While for holidays and short breaks my partner and I can add North Clare and West Clare to our list of easy drives.

Staying in the Galway Bay Hotel has always been a good experience for me. Any minor problems I have encountered while there have all been dealt with speedily and without fuss. This is why I speak so highly of it to my friends, acquaintances and colleagues and bring my partner there whenever I can.

To me the quiet professionalism of the staff has a lot to do with the staff selection and training process and the management ethos of the Galway Bay Hotel. The staff always look and act as if they want to do their jobs and not just fill in time until pay day.

This is a feature sadly absent in many other hotels I have stayed in around Ireland. The number of times I have been ignored, forgotten about or stonewalled by disinterested and bored staff is legion. Many hotels in my experience employ the "Please go away and don't bother me," management technique where "near enough, is good enough."

As a paying guest when I meet this situation I vote with my feet and take my money and my good recommendations elsewhere. Perhaps our tourists are also noticing this and doing similar.

Liam Farrell,
Children's Author & Storyteller
Posted: April 2013

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear ‘LiamF985’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for this super feedback. I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time with us.

Your positive feedback regarding the courtesy and helpfulness of the team, wonderful food and the very pleasant location right across from the beach is most encouraging and I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to all on the team. To say that the Galway Bay Hotel is the best hotel that you have stayed in during the twelve years of your travels is the ultimate reward and thank you again. I am delighted that you mention our location – overlooking the beautiful Clare Hills and the famous Galway Bay! A favourite pastime of many of our guests is to sit and relax in one of our Sea View Lounges or Sea View Conservatories and watch the world go by or even watch the ‘sun go down on Galway Bay’ as the old and famous song goes…

We all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the future.

Kindest regards,

1,397 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Thank you to all managers who made our meeting and stay so enjoyable namely John and Dan and staff who showed great professionalism and care. All my guests were wowed from moment they crossed main gate of the hotel, from such a facilities as free and safe underground parking for all residents to fantastic food both in Bar and Restaurant and all presented by friendly and professional staff all around hotel. I cannot recommend this place enough. Thank you again, we will be back soon.

• Stayed March 2013
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear ‘palio84’,

Thank you sincerely choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for taking the time and effort to share your views with us. I am delighted that your good self and your guests had such super time with us.

Your positive feedback regarding the fantastic food and service in both our Lobster Pot Restaurant and our main bar is most welcome and very encouraging. Also, saying that you ‘cannot recommend us highly enough’ is the ultimate reward to all on the team. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful team who are so focused and motivated when it comes to delivering top class service to all guests consistently – they certainly do make my job so much easier.

We look forward to welcoming you back at some stage in the future.
Sincerely, Dan Murphy
Clare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Surprising!,
Really enjoyed my lunch. Good menu excellent service and value for money.
My visit was business orientated but will definitely be back in a private capacity.well done to all.
Nice to see professional but low-key service in Galway's Salthill.

Dear ‘Hugh R’,

Thank you sincerely for choosing the Galway Bay Hotel recently for your business lunch and thank you also for this super feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. Your positive feedback regarding the good menu, excellent service and value for money is most welcome and I will ensure that this feedback is passed on to all on the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back at some point in the future.

Kindest regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Myself and my Fiancé went here for a bit of R&R as a kinda babymoon, as we're expecting our first child this summer. I requested a quiet room with a nice view as we wanted to really get away from it all. I knew it was only a request and it can never be guaranteed, but we were very happy to see on arriving that we'd been given an exceptionally quiet room at the end of a corridor, which over looked the bay - it was bliss. The staff were very attentive and friendly, although we didn't need to bother them that much. One of the evening we ate in the bar and had an almighty meal in there - fish was extremely fresh and we were very satisfied with the service and quality of the food. We'd thoroughly recommend this place to any couples/families looking for a nice break in Galway.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear ‘Laura Q’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for this super feedback. I am delighted that you had such a nice and leisurely time with us.

Your positive feedback regarding the quality of the bedroom, the quality of the food and the quality of the service is most welcome and very encouraging. I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to all on the team. I do hope that you had time to relax in one of our sea view lounges or sea view conservatories overlooking the promenade and beautiful Galway Bay – it certainly is a favourite pastime of our numerous regular and repeat guests.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some stage in the future.

Warmest regards,
Galway, Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My experience of the Galway Bay Hotel was a great one, I was attending a Spearfishing / Freediving First Aid Course in one of their fabulous island suits. We had some difficulty setting up our laptop and the hotel staff were a great help, even offering their own laptop to help us! We were provided with tea, coffee and biscuis throughout the day as well as access to the pool for training! All in all i couldnt fault the Galway Bay Hotel or their wonderful and helpful staff! I would most definately use the Galway Bay Hotel again to run another course!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear ‘Ronanspearo’,

Thank you most sincerely for taking the time and effort to share your views of the Galway Bay Hotel following on from your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable time.

Your positive feedback regarding our team and conference facilities are most welcome and I will ensure that this feedback is passed on to all on the team. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some stage in the near future.

Best regards,
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Fantastic spot and great facilities.If you want a weekend break this is the spot.Want a conference organized ? Galway Bay Hotel is a fantastic venue for your presentation.Good food, friendly staff and a real treat to be in.Great entertainment for the kids in the pool and not last very clean.If you strive for a workout, the gym offer you a great range of fitness equipment and weights.What more... highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear ‘Vasile L’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway bay Hotel recently and thank you also for this superb feedback. I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time whilst staying with us.

Your positive feedback regarding the great facilities, great entertainment, good food quality and friendly staff is most welcome. We are very proud of the high level of service and facilities we provide for all guests which is remarked upon on a daily basis by guests of the hotel. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful team and it is extremely gratifying to receive such high praise.

I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to all on the team and we all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again in the not so distant future.

Best regards,
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Excellent in every aspect,from the friendly service to the great value
Good accomodation for the course I had, very clean place, lovely people on a relaxing enviroment.
Excellent breakfast with lovely views to the Galway Bay and without doubts
they serve the best Chowder that I had in Ireland
Highly recommended

Thanks to All again, I'll be back for sure

Regards

Room Tip: We stayed on a corner suite and was really fine and spacious.
Dear ‘RobertGomez2013’,

Thank you most sincerely for taking the time and effort to share your views following on from your recent stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

Your positive comments regarding all aspects is very encouraging and most helpful to myself as I use feedback such as this to aid me when it comes to motivating and encouraging the team to perform to the highest level consistently. Your feedback regarding the Seafood Chowder is a comment which I receive daily and I am thrilled you enjoyed it – it certainly is a favourite dish of our numerous repeat and regular guests. I am also delighted that you enjoyed the views from the hotel – another comment we receive daily as we are overlooking the beautiful Clare Hills and of course the famous Galway Bay – a favourite pastime of many guests is to sit and relax in one of our Sea View Lounges or Sea View Conservatories and ‘watch the sun go down on Galway Bay’ as the old and famous song goes..

Warmest regards,
Dan Murphy

Been to Galway Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!