“Great Value for great Quality with and Excellent Staff.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Tripadvisor Deal
Ranked #3 of 56 hotels in Galway
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Value for great Quality with and Excellent Staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Excellent in every aspect,from the friendly service to the great value
Good accomodation for the course I had, very clean place, lovely people on a relaxing enviroment.
Excellent breakfast with lovely views to the Galway Bay and without doubts
they serve the best Chowder that I had in Ireland
Highly recommended

Thanks to All again, I'll be back for sure

Regards

Room Tip: We stayed on a corner suite and was really fine and spacious.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear ‘RobertGomez2013’,

Thank you most sincerely for taking the time and effort to share your views following on from your recent stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

Your positive comments regarding all aspects is very encouraging and most helpful to myself as I use feedback such as this to aid me when it comes to motivating and encouraging the team to perform to the highest level consistently. Your feedback regarding the Seafood Chowder is a comment which I receive daily and I am thrilled you enjoyed it – it certainly is a favourite dish of our numerous repeat and regular guests. I am also delighted that you enjoyed the views from the hotel – another comment we receive daily as we are overlooking the beautiful Clare Hills and of course the famous Galway Bay – a favourite pastime of many guests is to sit and relax in one of our Sea View Lounges or Sea View Conservatories and ‘watch the sun go down on Galway Bay’ as the old and famous song goes..

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some stage in the near future.

Warmest regards,

1,397 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Myself and my Husband stayed at the Galway Bay Hotel for a night over the St. Patricks weekend. It was pure bliss. I have to say that the staff are great. Orla in the bar and Maria in the restaurant couldn't have done more for us. The food was excellent and the rooms were luxurious. It was our first time there and we will certainly be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear ‘mir97’,

Thank you sincerely for your very kind comments and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel on your recent trip to Galway. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Your positive feedback regarding the luxurious bedrooms, the excellent food and the great staff is most rewarding and very similar to the vast amounts of feedback which I receive on a daily and weekly basis. Orla and Maria are thrilled to be mentioned in such a positive manner through such a public medium and they both pass on their sincere gratitude to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back at some stage in the future.

Kindest regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My experience of this hotel has always been excellent, however the staff really shone during my most recent trip.
I had just arrived at the hotel when I became very sick. I requested 7 up to maintain my condition. The staff were very prompt and understanding in my request. The staff put this on the house.
The hotel also supplied tea and toast to me, also free of charge.
Though it may seem like a small thing to the hotel it meant so much to me.
It was a worry to me that I was away from home when I was so sick, but the staff soon but that concern at ease. They showed kindness and concern. The room was also very comfortable.
From previous stays at the hotel, the food is wonderful in both the restaurant and the pub- I've also attended weddings in this hotel ,and food is also excellent .
The is also a nice coffee shop and plenty of room to lounge around. I've yet to try the spa, but looking forward to experiencing this next time.
A great hotel all round, with excellent attentive staff!

Dear ‘E H’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing the Galway Bay Hotel on your trips to Galway and thank you also for taking the time and effort to share your views.

Your positive feedback regarding the hotel bedroom, the kind, caring and attentive staff, the wonderful quality of food in the Lobster Pot Restaurant and our main bar and the areas to relax throughout the hotel are most encouraging and I will ensure that all on the team are made aware of this. I am delighted to see that all on the team helped you in a very prompt and understanding way in your time of need. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful team who are so focused when it comes to caring for all guests in all types of circumstances – they certainly do make my job so much easier!
I hope that at this stage you are feeling well and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Galway bay Hotel again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We are just home from a fantastic weekend in the galway bay hotel , the staff were very welcoming & made our stay a very positive one. The choice of food was fabulous ,meeting everyone s requirement s .
We had a wonderful dinner for 8 people on sat night , one member of our group in a wheelchair & this was not a problem at all, the staff were fab & so friendly which added to our enjoyment . Only one small negative would be the breakfast was only slightly warm & could do with being hotter. We all agreed we will holiday there again .

• Stayed March 2013
Dear ‘Cassoss’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel on your recent trip to Galway and thank you also for your very positive and constructive comments.

I am delighted to see that you had such a wonderful time with us and your positive feedback is most welcome and indeed very encouraging, particularly in relation to the ‘fab staff and wonderful food’. I use feedback such as yours to help me when it comes to encouraging and motivating the team to perform to the highest level consistently and indeed to make any necessary adjustments to keep performing at a high standard. We will certainly assess and appraise our food temperature procedures at our breakfast buffet to ensure our very high standard is maintained.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Galway Bay Hotel again in the future and until then wishing you the very best.

Kind regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The Galway Hotel is an exceptional place to meet with friends and family as it offers an amazing experience.
I stayed on the Hotel for a weekend and I was surprised for the quality of the service.
The rooms and the food were beyond my expectations. I truly recommend the sea food chowder as it was the best that I have tasted.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear ‘jorge_t_brito’,

Thank you sincerely for taking the time and effort to record your thoughts following on from your visit to the Galway Bay Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

Your positive feedback regarding the quality of service, the quality of the bedrooms and the quality of the food is most rewarding and I certainly do agree with your thoughts regarding the Seafood Chowder – we receive aver 200 guest comments on a weekly basis and I have to say that the Seafood Chowder receives this type of feedback daily.

Hopefully, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at some stage in the future.
Kindest regards,
Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We loved the hotel and the location. The staff was amazingly attentive. The food was excellent and the service was quick and very cheerful. All of the hotels we stayed in on our Irish tour were wonderful, but this was the best. We would love to stay here again.

Dear ‘Dan D’,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback. I am delighted that you had such a memorable stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel. You mention that the Galway Bay Hotel was the most memorable of the hotels you stayed in during your visit and that is certainly very rewarding to all on the team. Your positive feedback regarding the excellent food, the quick service and cheerful staff is also very encouraging. I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to all on the team. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Galway Bay Hotel at some stage in the future.

Warm regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the GBH as part of a hen party on St Pats wknd.. In my experience hen parties are usually seen as troublesome .. But not here.. We were treated as royalty from we checked in until we left. Geard on reception checked us in an was so polite and friendly. Chaz was our personal bar tender an was also very professional, but Declan who was Manager in duty went out if his way all weekend to ensure we were happy.. Nothing was too much and at every opportunity he checked in with us to make sure we where happy and that all was well. Thank you so much Galway bay hotel we had a weekend to remember. Accommodation, food, service all top class!! Looking forward to returning in the near future :)

• Stayed March 2013
Dear ‘Lovesholz’,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for your wonderful feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

A special occasion for you is most definitely a special occasion for all on the team here and we really enjoy going that ‘extra mile’ to make all feel very welcome. Your positive feedback is all aspects of the hotel is most encouraging. You mention Gerard, Chad and Declan and all are delighted to be mentioned in such a positive manner through such a public medium – you have made their day and they pass on their personal gratitude to you.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some stage in the future.

Sincere regards,
Dan Murphy

Been to Galway Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!