“Couldn't wait to leave!!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Ashford Manor to your Saves list
Ashford Manor
7 College Road, Galway, Ireland   |
Ranked #175 of 187 Galway B&B and Inns
“Couldn't wait to leave!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and 8 month old baby stayed in this b&b! First room was so small we only just had space to set up travel cot! When I pulled back bed clothes I noticed hairs in the bed and it was clear that sheets and pillow covers were not clean! On complaint moved to a larger room which on the surface appeared to be ok but on closer inspection was also dirty! There was even a hole in the mattress!! The bathroom was also grubby couldn't wait to leave! Was afraid to let our daughter sit on the floor as god knows what she could hav picked up!! And as for breakfast the next morning all I can say is shocking couldn't even attempt to eat it!!
This guest house is over priced and a disgrace

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I very much enjoyed my stay at Ashford Manor. The staff was very helpful and they had lots of great advice of what to see... Also the great choice of different breakfast foods was nice. It is a little bit noisy though, but in our charming room under the roof we were not affected by it at all. I would go there again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Nelson, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was the worst B&B we stayed at in Ireland. The staff are lovely and helpful, including the owner, however; she doesn't live on the premises, so it everything seems a little cockeyed. Example a non-functioning water cooler on the landing. A non-functioning cappuccino maker in breakfast room. Pictures on wall look like they were picked up when another business folded.
No shampoo in the dispensers, very noisy rooms and in need of a make over.

I would be very suspicious of anyone giving this place a passing grade.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Otley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have recently returned from a very pleasant stay at Ashford Manor and can only say that after reading some of the reviews that they stayed in a different B&B than me. My bedroom was large, airy, good wardrobe space, good size bathroom with shower and plenty of tea, coffee, and milk. If there was anything you needed you only had to ask the staff who were extremely helpful. My towels were changed every day and the bed linen also changed frequently. The breakfasts were huge, full Irish and/or continental as well as breakfast cereals and fruit juice. An added bonus is the location as it is only about five minutes walk or so to the centre of Galway and also to the coach, bus and train stations.. I would not hesitate to stay at Ashford Manor again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Very disappointing. I stayed there for a weekend. While the staff is lovely, the room we had was not very good. We were given the room by the entrance which means that it was impossible to open the curtains. And we had to turn on the light. Also, this particular room should not be rented AT ALL because it can be very noisy at night (people talking in the hall). In conclusion, we did not get much sleep at all.
The food is not great either, which is disappointing again.
The location is brilliant though and it has free parking and wifi which are very good.
One advice: refuse the downstairs room!

Room Tip: Refuse the downstairs front room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

i recently stayed at Ashford Manor and it was just fantastic. on arrival i got a very warm welcoming and was offered tea and coffee. the room we were giving was a great size for us girls and all our luggage. room was so clean. very quiet at night. huge breakfast in the morning. overall such an enjoyable experience. i wouldnt fault them at all

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Ok this is my second review of Ashford Manor after Tripadvisor refused to publish the last review, why?? Cause I gave an honest review.

Avoid this guest house, I had no other option but to book this place last week as no other rooms available in Galway. This is my review…

The entrance is clean and welcoming, after that it changes. I was then given a room in adjoining building, the room was filthy, old bed sheets, curtains. The bathroom had grime on the walls, the shower / bath was all cracked and broken at the side, the towels however where clean. The windows wouldn't close properly therefore creating a security risk. This whole place needs to be demolished.

As you can see from my previous reviews of other places I been I think I give an honest and fair review.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Ashford Manor? Share your experiences!