“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 56 Hotels in Galway
Ballybofey, Ireland
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Best hotel we've stayed at in Galway. We've had to travel to Galway a number of times in the last 3 weeks and this has been the best hotel. The staff were all very helpful and friendly and the room was spacious. The breakfast service was very good with plenty of choice and lovely serving staff. The price we paid for 2 nights was much the same as for a B&B which we didn't even get breakfast in! Would definitely come back to Menlo Park.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GMMGalway, Guest Relations Manager at Menlo Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear EllenA

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently at the Menlo Park Hotel and also for taking the time to review us.

I am delighted to know you enjoyed your stay and felt you got good value for your money. I am glad you found our staff helpful and enjoyed our breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Michelle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Excellent Hotel, staff were incredibly helpful, the rooms were amazing and the breakfast was gorgeous. Would highly recommend it to my friends and will definitely stay here again.

Would like to thank all the staff at Menlo Hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Davesstar

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Menlo Park hotel and thank you so much for your kind feedback.

I am delighted to read you had such a good experience with us you said we are the best hotel you have ever stayed in thank you. I will pass on your lovely comments to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights last week. Very nice staff (in all hotel disciplines such as reception, bar, restaurant, accommodation, cleaning staff etc), very nice food, very nice atmosphere, very clean. Absolutely nothing to criticise whatsoever. This hotel has obviously got a very attentive management team and set a high standard (and hire nice staff to keep it).

The lovely lady (Italian or Spanish) serving us bar food was really really nice. All of the staff were lovely, but I remember her owed to the super double-nachos my wife and I ordered that day, which we have to come back for again ;-)

Keep up the great work !

Dr. Pat O'Sullivan

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Pat-Dublin99

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay with us in the Menlo Park Hotel as your choice of stop over recently and thank you also for your lovely feedback.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit so much you gave us 10/10. Your positive and kind feedback on each aspect is most welcome and very important to us. I have passed this on to all on the team.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future for nachos.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

The hotel was a great value. Reception great. Room exceeded expectations. But it will be the poor service in the restaurant I remember. Food was average (barely) but the per-functionary service came across as rude and dismissive. This was the only time I felt this way about service during our 12 day tour of Ireland. Also, given the walking nature of the city I would also suggest either stay closer to the city centre or in one of the outlying towns. Not bad, not great... but it was a fantastic value.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear JenniferTravels321

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay with us in the Menlo Park Hotel as your choice of stop over recently and thank you also for your feedback.

I am delighted to read that you felt you got good value for your money. Also, thank you for your kind comments on our bedrooms & our reception staff, I will pass this back to the team.

I would like to sincerely apologise for the negative experience you had with in the restaurant, this is definitely not the memories we want our guest to leave with. If you could contact me to discuss this matter further I would greatly appreciate it.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed here with my partner over the May bank holiday weekend and had a fabulous stay. We were given a Junior Suite which was absolutely gorgeous and very spacious. The bed was fantastic and had one of the best sleeps I have had.

We were staying on a B&B basis and had decided to treat ourselves with breakfast in bed each morning for a small fee of about €4. We didn't even have to leave the room to order! We just filled out a card and left it on the door handle. We didn't eat dinner or have a drink in the hotel because Galway has so much to offer but the atmosphere always seemed very good when we were walking through the hotel.

The only negative for the hotel is that it's just that bit too far outside the city for convenience. It is a walkable distance but not if you had shopping bags or if the weather was poor (it almost always is in Ireland) so you will need to get taxis if you want to go into the city at night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Michael H

Thank you for choosing the Menlo Park hotel as your choice of place for your visit to Galway city recently and for taking the time to review us, all feedback is hugely important to us.

Thank you for your wonderful comments on our staff, rooms and the breakfast, I am absolutely delighted you were so impressed with our hotel and services. I will pass on your comments to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here over the weekend, checked in Saturday At 4 the room was ready for us, nice cheerful room, tea coffee facilities & cookies as well well appreciated. Check in was efficient and everything was explained perfectly. Ample parking as well. The lift was a bit messy a lot of people had issues you had to swipe card fast & press button, sometimes worked, we took stairs as was easier, maybe look at this guys, also bedrooms warm maybe air conditioning could be an option .
I have to compliment the restaurant service for breakfast it was A1 we stayed in a lot of hotels and this was the best run breakfast ever, attention to detail, staff attentive, food replaced promptly, tables cleared efficiently well run service your great keep this up. Nothing worse than a badly run breakfast area. We would also like to say the bar food was great especially the Loaded Nachos we will definitely return for these. Our server was a lady she was excellent I forgot to get her name she worked in the Bar on Sunday around 4pm onwards well done, she was very happy & very attentive.
So we enjoyed our stay very much
We will be back
2 things
Lift & Air conditioning for rooms
See you soon

Stayed June 2014
GMMGalway, Guest Relations Manager at Menlo Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Chipdublin,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for your great feedback.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and were happy with our room, service and food.

Thank you for bringing the swipe card issue with the lift to our attention, we had been made aware of it so this has now been fixed.

Apart from the glorious weather we are having this week generally there is not a requirement for air conditioning in our hotel rooms due to our normal Irish climate! But thank you for noting this also.

We hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards
Deirdre
Guest Relations
Burke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Front desk staff was very helpful; breakfast was largely cafeteria style and had good variety; room was spacious, but bathroom/shower area had very limited space to put toiletries and health and grooming items (needed to use toilet seat temporarily to have items readily reachable); this was a very good location for for touring Connamera, and it was quite easy to avoid City Center in heading south to visit Cliffs of Moher.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Kenneth K,

I would like to thank you for raising the point about space in the bathroom, the majority of our rooms have a large shelf over the sink which provides ample space however there are one or two rooms which do not have as large a shelf and I am very sorry if you were allocated one of these rooms but thank you for noting this.

I hope we will get the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards
Deirdre
Guest Relations

Been to Menlo Park Hotel? Share your experiences!