“Bar beoga carvery” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 56 Hotels in Galway
Galway, Galway, Ireland
“Bar beoga carvery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

My family decided to have a carvery after a communion . 3 adults 2 children. There was a great selection amazing value for money and exceptional customer service. Really added to the day. Carvery is delicious. Cant wait to return. Staff and chef really deserve special thanks.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
GMMGalway, Guest Relations Manager at Menlo Park Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Marianocallaghan

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent carvery experience with us at the Menlo Park Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you & your family enjoyed the carvery so much. Thank you also for all your kind comments about our customer service i has passed it on to all the team.

Michelle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

My third visit to this hotel and I still left sooooooooo disappointed. Food is a disaster here and sending food back definately is a no no. The Bar and dining Staff are wonderful but there is nothing they can do about the food. A BLT well what can I say never saw the likes of such rubbish served up by a chef in my life. Consisted of a burger bun with a slice of wilted lettuce with two slices of tomatoe and 1slice of Bacon.
The Carvery unfortunately was not much better with Cold soup overcooked meat and very tired vegatables. Needless to say I will not be back to dine here.

• Stayed May 2014
GMMGalway, Guest Relations Manager at Menlo Park Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Marleys9,

Thank you for visiting the Menlo Park hotel recently and for taking the time to review us, all feedback both positive and negative is hugely important to us.

Thank you for your kind comments on our bar and dining staff, I will pass this back to the bar and restaurant team.

However, I would like to sincerely apologise for the negative experience you had with the quality of our food in the bar. I am also very disappointed to know that you felt you could not send back the food. We are genuinely concerned if a guest is not happy with our food or service and are always willing to do everything we can to rectify an issue.

Our standard for serving a BLT is not on a burger bun and if this is in fact is what you received then I am very sorry. Thank you for taking the time to review us and if you could spare a few more minutes I would very much appreciate if you could contact us directly to discuss your experience further.

Kind regards
Deirdre
Guest Relations
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Our room was very spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was great and the shower was amazing!

I have coeliac disease and the range of gluten free food available both in the restaurant and the bar was fantastic. I was able to have fish and chips, pancakes and onion rings. Meals I haven't had in years and years!

We had planned to stay in Galway for 4 nights but ended having such a great time we booked another 2 nights.

Wanda and Martin down at the bar were great and Rachel at reception was so helpful. Would definitely recommend Menlo Park Hotel - it was great!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Siobhan K

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review us.

I am absolutely delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit with us so thoroughly. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our hotel particularly our food.

We are very proud to say our bar menu is 90% coeliac friendly & we are very glad you enjoyed it so much.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

sligo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights, and had no complaints. Room was spacious,and clean, very comfy bed. It was over the bar area, so, i wouldn't choose this room,if you wanted an early night, as the music went on till after 12 pm, but, that didn't bother us, because we were only coming in at that time.
It's about a 15 minute walk into town, you can leave your car,in the large car park, very handy.
We had bar food on 1 night, and it was excellent, very popular with guests. All the staff, were very friendly,and service very good. Staff in all areas were very pleasant. would recommend this hotel to family and friends.We hope to return soon, hopefully,the sun will shine a bit stronger,and longer next time.

Room Tip: if you want a quiet room, ask for one away from bar area
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
GMMGalway, Guest Relations Manager at Menlo Park Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Scoripo11sligo

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review us with such a lovely review.

I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your weekend with us and were happy with each aspect from location, food to service and the overall hotel.

CROATIA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I was greated by the lovely Rachell on my way in, she made me feel welcome straight away.

I enquired about rates and was given a good rate for the evening including breakfast.

The room to my suprise was huge and more like a junior suite. room 134

I slept perfectly, breakfast was out of this world.

I will return

Room Tip: one hundred and thirty four
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear MickM

I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and were happy with each aspect from location, food to service and the overall hotel.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed just one night in the Menlo Park Hotel. But everything was perfect in that short time. The room was spacious and clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. The dining room provided us with a lovely dinner after a long day of driving to and from the Cliffs of Moher.

We were warned while booking that we were above a function room and might hear noise. But this didn't prove to be an issue at all. (Maybe because it was a Tuesday night.)

The only downside I could mention is that the hotel doesn't seem to have a street number. Upon our arrival in Galway, our GPS couldn't locate the exact location of the hotel, leaving us having to ask for directions in a cafe. Thankfully, we were only about a two-minute drive away. If you are using a GPS to find your way, it would be wise to look closely at a map of Galway first so that you can do some maneuvering once you arrive in town.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear DarraghMcD

I am absolutely delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit with us so thoroughly. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

It was my boyfriends birthday, and we stayed a Saturday night here. The hotel itself was warm and homely, and the staff were very friendly. The breakfast was excellent with lots of variety, and gluten free bread available. The hotel also provided a hand written birthday card and chocolates for my boyfriends birthday, which I thought was a really nice touch. Over all it was a great experience.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
GMMGalway, Guest Relations Manager at Menlo Park Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Naomi S

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay with us in the Menlo Park Hotel as your choice of stop over recently and thank you also for your lovely feedback.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit so much. Your positive and kind feedback on each aspect is most welcome and very important to us. I have passed this on to all on the team.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Kind regards
Michelle

Been to Menlo Park Hotel? Share your experiences!