We stayed at 'No. 7' on Friday the 12th of July. We were attending the Film Festival, so decided to make a weekend of it. Galway is an amazing city & I couldn't recommend it highly enough - unfortunately No. 7 was another story.
We knew it was a 'Boutique' hotel so didn't expect it to be in any way grand - we were right! The rooms/stairways/entrance hall, etc. are all tiny. That said, the bed was comfortable & the hotel
itself was fairly clean - at this point we didn't really have a problem. It wasn't until we got back from our night out that we realised we'd made a mistake in our choice.
Having been out on the town 'til 2.30am or so, we made our way back to our room. Again, I can't fault the location as it's an easy walk from anywhere in the town centre. What we didn't expect was that Cross Street becomes a hangout spot when the pubs/clubs close. There were dozens of people immediately outside our window - some of them playing guitars :)
The Al Fresco gig lasted 'til well after 4.00am, so sleeping wasn't an option - unfortunately this effected the rest of our weekend, as we were exhausted on Saturday.
When we asked if it was possible to move to a room away from the street, we were told that they were fully booked but they could offer 'Complimentary earplugs'. Considering we'd booked our room a month ago, I would have thought that we'd have gotten a decent room, but that wasn't the case. We had booked for 2 nights, but we decided to cancel the second night & left.
No. 7 could be a fine choice for a mid-week stay, but if you plan to do any actual sleeping (especially at the weekend) MAKE SURE YOUR ROOM IS NOT AT THE FRONT OF THE BUILDING!!!
- Also Known As:
- Number 7 Cross Street Hotel
- Number 7 Cross Street Hotel Galway
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 7 Cross St is a 600-year-old stone building with many stories to tell. This boutique hotel Galway City boasts ten en-suite, air-conditioned bedrooms which are thoughtfully renovated and decorated to preserve the unique character of this historic structure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Number 7 Cross Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.