“Terrible” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 356 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: European
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Waited, waited, waited.. Food ok.. Service terrible.. I won't be back.. Wished I had tried elsewhere

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Brisbane, Australia
“Tasty fresh food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We enjoyed a takeaway from this cafe and enjoyed the fresh tasty food + it was value for money. The Thai chicken curry was flavoursome without being too hot.

Visited May 2013
Kinvara, Ireland
“Fabulous food with a contiential feel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

My husband and I were meeting our daughter for lunch in Galway, and she recommended Gourmet Tart. She's been a vegetarian and loves the place for it's wide selection of suitable items on the menu.
The minute you walk in the door you are hit with a visual Tsunami of culinary delights. The expansive counter and display cases are filled with a magnificent selection of pastries on one side and an array of savory takeaway food on the other. We had a short wait for a table but there is plenty to look at while waiting. There is a lovely hum of energy about the place. Some might find it a bit loud , but I like the cosmopolitan feel of it all. I felt like I could be in New York, Paris or London. The staff is very friendly and efficient. My husband decided on the "Full Irish", which is served until 2 o'clock. A bonus if you've had a late night out. My daughter got the mozzarella and basil ravioli,, and I had the beef burger. We all though the food was delicious and served very quickly for such a busy restaurant. As we were all far to full to eat dessert so we got takeaway croissants and chocolate mousse.
The three mains, three pots of tea, and desserts came to under 40 Euros. There is free parking on the "Prom" very close by, which is an asset if you need to walk off your filling meal while viewing the beauty of Galway bay.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“GOURMET YES/SERVICE NO”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I would like to share four experiences. When it opened in Salt Hill it was exciting, nice servers of pastries, restaurant was a limtied menu, better. Food fresh.

2nd time went in more tables,for brunch, wine bar added. Food was good.

3rd time my husband and I were put in the way back table next to wine bar and ignored, finally waiter came over we asked for board special, he came with something else, nothing like we ordered. We were upset.

4th time went in for bread, my husband owns a French Bakery, the girls were upset (close to close time) said no then manager type said ok, sold us a stale baguette with a sour face. Sorry we were very nice and thanked her.

My advice would be get the owners back there to see what staff is doing.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Ticks all the boxes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

A great bustling restaurant whether it's for brunch , lunch or dinner, it's quality but affordable and never disappoints. It's a great option for dining in Galway. Got a really cool vibe going on in here. Couldn't recommend it enough and great to see a place like this doing well in Galway .

• Visited April 2013