“Overrated” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #187 of 356 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: European, Irish, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Restaurant gigi's offers an extensive Irish menu with a European, particularly French influence, inspired by the use of the very best local ingredients and seasonal produce. Guests can savour a salubrious taste of the West of Ireland – an experience coupled with discreet, yet attentive service. From decadent á la carte dining in the restaurant, through private in-room dining to a more relaxed experience in the signature lounges, food is at the heart of the g with menu options to suit all occasions.
Dublin, Ireland
“Overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

The only thing I found particularly nice about this hotel was the interior design. I had lunch and it was ok, pretty small menu but not expensive. The Espa spa is really nice though and the treatments are amazing, but are of course very costly. I'd recommend it as a treat, as there are cheaper places. In terms of service, pretty average, not as good as some of the other 5 star hotels I've stayed.

“Really Disappointing Experience. Will never return for dining experience.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

We were a big party of disappointed people. Food was ok. Looked better than it tasted. I've had way better in much cheaper places. It's not 5 star, it's barely 3 star. Dining room atmosphere is nice, but nothing special. What really was AWFUL was the waiting staff. We were left without drinks for over an hour after our meal ended trying to attract staffs attention. They were no place to be seen. We had to go find them a couple of times to get the bill. We wanted to go out and experience Galway but this delayed our night extensively. Then they messed up our bill three times, it was embarrassing to have to keep going up to point this out. It seemed all senior staff had gone and the young man dealing with us was just not capable. I would not recommend this place. It's clear from reviews it has been going downhill for a good while, I don't even see the hotel responding to these reviews. Terrible.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cork, Cork, Ireland
“Definitely worth a visit-Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I recently visited the G Hotel to meet up with some friends for lunch. I have to say everything from the food to service and value for money was fantastic. The decor in each room was so different and vibrant with a room to suit everyone's taste. We felt that the lunch menu was great value for money with excellent choice-something to suit everyone. One of my friends has special dietary requirements but she felt there was an array of dishes to suit and staff were very accommodating of this. The food was very tasty (flavours complemented each other very well) and presented beautifully. The service from the waiting staff was fantastic. They were attentive while not pushy but they were all smiling which makes a huge difference. They all genuinely couldn't do enough for us. I would also like to comment on the cleanliness of the hotel including the bathrooms which are very classy and elegant. Next time I will try the afternoon tea as it looked fab! It really was a 5* experience as everything was perfect! Overall a really nice place to dine with excellent service, fantastic food and great value for money!

Galway, Ireland
“5 star hotel....not a 5 star service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

There's a definite wow factor when you walk into this hotel. The decor is luxurious & elegant. The standard of cleanliness is excellent. However, the first good impressions did not last long as the poor service & lack of attentiveness from the staff became apparent. We went to the hotel for lunch & when we tried to sit at a free table ( had to seat ourselves as no staff members seemed interested in finding us a table or even greeting us) we were told the room was reserved for a private party even though other people were dining there. I had no issue with this but found it unprofessional & rude of one of the staff who when asked which room we could sit in, gave me a disinterested look and told me 'most rooms were full'. We found another table....waited 15 minutes. No staff member made any attempts to come near us, despite numerous attempts to get their attention. I had to take a menu from the people at table next to ours as waiting for the staff to give us attention was proving difficult. When we were ready to order, I had to make a couple of attempts to get someone to take our order. When the food arrived, it was wonderful...but unfortunately was tepid. It had obviously been left too long before a member of staff brought it to our table. We should have returned it but considering the delays we already experienced it didn't seem like it was worth the trouble. The waiting staff never approached us to ask if everything was ok. They all seemed to disappear and there was a lot of flapping around setting up the private party which incidentally hadn't started when we're leaving after 1.5 hrs. The service in this hotel leaves a lot to be desired. This is not the first time I have had this experience while dining in the hotel. I would be very reluctant to return again

Galway, Ireland
“Fantastic Dinner and Movie deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Recently went to the lounges in the G Hotel for the dinner and a movie deal. Was made feel very special for the moment we arrived by the staff. The food was exceptional value for the 2 courses and then the ticket for a movie in the Eye cinema. The cocktails are a nice touch to complete the evening. The cocktail menu has a great choice for all tastes. I will definitely be returning soon

• Visited November 2013