“Great Activity” 5 of 5 stars

00353-86-6658100
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: The Bone Carving Studio and Gallery in Galway offers the only bone carving classes in Ireland. At a one-day class you’ll create your own bone carving from start to finish. Whether you're a visitor or a native, a bone carving class is the perfect activity for a rainy Galway day...and it's also a unique souvenir, whether you create a piece to keep for yourself or you make something special for someone special!
Derby, Vermont
“Great Activity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

With all the things you could do in Galway, don't skip this one. It is worth the time and the price. She helps you every step of the way and you really are creating your own work of art and unique keepsake from Ireland. I will treasure the piece I made and the experience always.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Summer 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

My son, husband and I had an amazing experience! Aoife was great at showing us which tools to use and demonstrating different strategies to help us create our necklaces. She was patient and helpful. We spent the majority of the day working on our pieces but we were welcome to leave, have lunch and return to finish. If I ever return to Galway, I would love to do another piece.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Exceeded My Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

When I found out about this bone carving studio I was mildly excited and went just to see what it was all about... well it turned out to be amazing! It was so much fun drawing, carving, and sanding my own creation. Aoife was very patient and helpful. With such a small class she had plenty of time to help me, which I needed a lot. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend to anyone with a free day in Galway!

Cork, Ireland
“A Fantastic Activity for the Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Myself and my girlfriend went into the Bone Carving Studio not really knowing what to expect from this but were immensely surprised and gladdened by the day!

In a perfectly located off Eyre Square (it was our first day ever in Galway and we found it in 2 minutes!) and Aoife, the instructor/owner was an absolute delight. Neither me or my girlfriend are artistic or particularly hands on workers but with Aoife's very patient help we were designing, drilling and filing like we had been doing it for years!

The day absolutely flew by and cannot recommend it enough! We were so proud of our pieces and will be showing them off for weeks! And will hopefully be good enough to make it into Aoife's photos! Worth every penny!

Visited February 2012
Austin, TX
“A wonderful way to spend the day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

I spent the most fabulous day with Aoife creating a one of a kind piece of artwork to remind me of my trip to Galway. She is the most talented and patient teacher. You will come away with a beautiful piece of jewelry that you created yourself from start to finish. You can also purchase her own creations if you don't have the time to make your own, but if you can take the time you will have a unique experience that you won't soon forget!

Visited December 2011