“Classic Pub” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #71 of 338 restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: European, Irish, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Concord, MA, USA
“Classic Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is a classic "pub and pub food" restaurant. It was a short walk from our B&B (and recommended), and so we went our first night. It perfectly suited what we needed after a long flight and a long drive. Guinness, fish and chips, salmon, and all the things you think about when you think "Irish food." Before we left, a lot of people said "Irish food isn't good." Lohan's was our first indication that they must have been eating in the wrong places.

Visited August 2013

79% Recommend
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I am a young chef with plenty of experience, so everything was being watched, I ordered the fish and chips my boyfriend ordered the bacon and cabbage.
the waitresses were lovely chatting and asking if everything was ok etc...
I timed the food (as a chef this is a habbit) the food took 20mins and the restaurant was very busy so this was excellent.

The fish and chips were lovely the fish just melts in your mouth same for the bacon I loved both.

The only thing I can fault lohans on was no tarter sauce with my fish and chips but once I asked for some they got it for me.

Brilliant food and staff I highly recommend this place.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Galway, Ireland
“nice food but slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

very slow service and it was quiet when we visited. waitress was extremely unhelpful even with basic things such as telling us or showing us where highchairs were even though we did ask we had to go look around and found them inside the main doors for the toilets.
food was nice no complaints there! the waitress that served us food was alot nicer and the lady behind the bar we paid was also friendly.
The waiting times to give our order - apx 30 mins just to give our order would put me off going back especially with 3 hungry young kids.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dublin
“Hen party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Visited as part of a friends hen party. The owner was lovely and recommended wine. Great deal on food. Very impressed with staff and I watch closely as an ex waitress. Very good value. Atmosphere is nice to start in before heading into galway

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Youghal, Ireland
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

great food and reasonably priced, the staff are very helpful nothing is too much trouble great place toenjoy a meal

Visited August 2013