“Very pleasant Italian meal.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #110 of 328 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Italian restaurant, offering a wide range of authentic pastas and pizzas, steaks, veal and fresh fish dishes. Were cater for large groups with a private dining area. We are situated in the heart of Galway's latin quarter on Quay street. We have outside terrace dining area. Children's menu available.
Galway, Ireland
“Very pleasant Italian meal.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We really enjoyed our meal at Il Folletto's. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. I would have given it 5 stars except for the tiramisu(my husband loves this desert and eats it everywhere!) which was not as good as other Italian places that we have eaten in. Overall very pleasant.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Derry, United Kingdom
“fantastic restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

visited this restaurant while staying in Galway looked it up online and reviews where good it did not disappoint lovely authentic Italian food great service, food and good price thanks

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colts Neck, New Jersey
“excellent late dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I were looking for a place to eat on Sunday October 8. I remember the reviews about this restaurant and at 8pm the place looked empty. We went in and received great service from a very nice waitress. The food was excellent. Being from NJ and having visited Italy twice in the last two years we were very surprised at the quality of the food.
I had a great minestrone soup , salad and pasta carbonara. My wife had salad and pasta bolognese .We both had a nice glass of wine from Sicily .Cost 42 euros.
I asked to meet the chief and owner and spoke with Mario for several minutes. He is from Milan and cooks authentic food. He surprised us with a gratis after dinner drink.
Try it and you will not be disapointed with the food.
A & K NJ USA

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Galway, Galway, Ireland
“Tasty food, Friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I had visited this restaurant before and really enjoyed it. On this occasion, my visit was during the week of the Volvo Ocean Race final and the service and food was as good as it always is. The staff were well equipped to deal with the larger than normal crowds on Quay Street. I have never been disappointed whenever I eat in il Folletto.

Visited July 2012
“Pushy waitresses”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Myself and two friends were out last night for a long over due dinner and drinks. From the minute we got in we were asked by four or five different wait staff were we ready to order. We ordered a glass of prosecco and a plate of olives bread sticks and salad which was all lovely. We asked nicely could we wait until we finished this to order our mains, we were asked a number of times by different wait staff again would we order. Very annoying when we are trying to have a conversation. We ordered our main meal which was pizza, it was not a great pizza. The salami was awful and the
base was hard. They did not slice any of our pizzas either.
There was a waitress there that acted like a manager and talked to staff in front of customers in a terrible manner. She also spoke to customers like they were children being scolded!
We ordered a lemon tart for dessert which was liquid lemon on an under cooked pastry. Our bill came to 120 euro.
We would never visit or recommend this restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Il Folletto R, Owner at Il Folletto Ristorante, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your review, We are always happy to receive feed back on our service and food and we strive daily to ensure all our customers have a lovely dining experience with us. Im sorry to hear that you found our waiting staff pushy, I would like to clarify that this is not their intention as they are trained to be attentive of customers at all times. I was working the saturday night you and your friends dined with us and another two members of staff, I myself did not ask you to place an order.. which means that your comment that 4 to 5 different waiting staff members pushed you to order is a great exaggeration, in fact after speaking with the staff your table was asked twice if you would like to order. Our pizzas are made in the Italian way using quality ingredients and we serve them like all authentic Italian restaurtants do which is unsliced, but we are happy to slice a customers pizza on request, just like we sliced yours when you asked us too. Im sorry that the salami was not to your taste, we use Salami Milano which is the top of the range of Italian salamis and we import it directly from Italy, its a shame that on the night you didnt communicate the fact to us that it wasnt to your taste as we would have gladly replaced it for you with another pizza without hesitation. Our dessert crostatina al limone was served exactly as it should be and its descripition on our menu says clearly that the filling is a fresh lemon creme patissiere topped with fresh strawberries, it seems maybe you misread the descripition and was expecting a set baked lemon curd tart. We pride ourselves on our desserts at Il Folletto as unlike may other Italian restaurants we dont buy in pre made desserts and we have a very talented pastry chef who puts his love and passion in to all his desserts and we recieve so many compliments always. I find your spurious comments about our manager upsetting and total unfounded, we are are happy team at Il folletto and the manager has been with us for a very long time and we have never had a complaint against her from staff or customers, on that saturday night we served 150 customers so without going in to the dynamics of her job in a very busy restaurant let me say that a certain amount of communication between staff has to occur in front of customers in order to provide and maintain a smooth service, unfortunately in the catering industry we dont have the privildge of stepping outside for a meeting when instructions need to be given, nor do staff or mangement expect a please or thank you with each instruction. As you can see from the other reviews here on trip advisor our waiting staff team provide excellent service all beit from time to time it is very possible that they overlap on tables and you could be asked twice if your ready to order but I dont think this merits an accusation of pushy. Thank you.