“Best meal in Ireland” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best meal in Ireland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal here, but also the atmosphere, low romantic lighting and we were seated in a little nook tucked away on the second floor. Very tasty meal, great service and all at a great value. Highly recommend dinner here - they have a better selection that most places in Galway. Check it out.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Arabic first
Dublin, Ireland
“A Little Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I had not been to McSwiggans before but my better half insisted we eat here as she had enjoyed it whilst visiting the area with our daughters last year. A small traditional entrance opens up into an old fashioned pub with nooks & crannys, steps & stairs & the restaurant upstairs. Impeccably maintained, classy atmospheric & traditional feel to the place. We felt right at home immediately.

We didn't bother with starters so for mains my better half chose a main dish of McSwiggans chicken special stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in smoked bacon, roast jus, hand cut fries. It was devine in presentation & taste with the wife almost licking the plate.

I had a chefs special of a 3 Fish Dish that comprised ot a bed of freshly boiled veg on which a fillet of haddock sat, covered with a fillet of salmon & topped off with a fillet of cod, garnished with a prawn sauce. A side order of handcut chips & the meal was superb. Delicious.

For desert, we both went for various cheese cakes & finished off with a latte. I was in food heaven.

A bonus for Guinness admirers, we preceeded our meal with a pint of the black stuff which was to be had for a very reasonable €3 per pint. Now there's a throw back. Unfortunately as I was driving, I had just the one but left with a longing to return to McSwiggans the next time I visit Galway.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food. Relaxed atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Was here at the weekend with my partner. We had a three course meal a bottle of wine for €92. Food was super especially the monkfish main which melt in the mouth. Only complaint a little too much mayonaise on seafood salad but that just a personal opinion. The staff were friendly and so accomodating the red haired hostess made a great impression on my partner she described her as a real gem to have front of house. Atmosphere was lovely so relaxing will be back on our next visit to galway

• 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Bet all expectations....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Aww what can I say... the food here is just second to none. It would definitley be one of my favourite places to eat in Galway. My boyfriend and I were out walking in the rain and stopped here, we have tried other places in Galway and everywhere I pick something goes wrong or its not nice but I was happily wrong this time.... Amazing!! food is so wholesome and tasty. Well staffed and they are very friendly. Menu is plentiful. I have since brought family and friends...

YUM YUM YUM!!!

Visited September 2012
boston
“good steak, €3 guinness”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I like this spot, good place for a pint of guinness, while listening to some folk. the food upstairs is pertty good. steak esp.

Visited November 2012