“Decent place for food a pint and watch sport.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Galway, Ireland
“Decent place for food a pint and watch sport.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Skeff is a big bar restaurant, the food in here is good, not bad or great just fine if you are looking for a pub grub feed. The menu has nothing as stand out so it really it is average. The pints or decent enough especially if there is a good flow, i.e loads of pints being pulled. There are also plenty of screens to watch sport on. Thing to beware of, the place can get very busy and can be a problem when looking for a table for food.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
AshlingDudley, Manager at The Skeff, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Laurencenichol,

Thank you for posting a review on tripadvisor about your recent visit to The Skeff Bar & Kitchen. We here at The Skeff Bar & Kitchen pride ourselves on providing quality homecooking using ingredients that we source locally. The bar is always a great place to watch a match or just to relax with a pint and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

“Baking with Liz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was a very enjoyable class held in the Skeff Galway showing us a variety of recipes for baking with chocolate. Liz was very informative and give lots of practical and useful tips. We also got to taste all the cakes and desserts which were delicious!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
AshlingDudley, Manager at The Skeff, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Maeve O,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor about our recent Baking with Liz classes in The Skeff Bar & Kitchen. Myself and Liz were delighted to hear that you enjoyed the class and all the cakes!

We hope to see you and our upcoming classes and thank you once again for your kind words.

Happy baking,
Food Manager
“Will def be back again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Myself and my family headed to Galway one Saturday to do some shopping and decided to go to the Skeff for lunch. The food was absolutely fabulous and great value. The staff were very helpful with certain dietary needs my dad had. They were extremely friendly. I would recommend the Skeff to everyone that visits Galway. And I would drive to Galway just to eat in the Skeff again. Keep up the good work.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
AshlingDudley, Manager at The Skeff, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Lynne,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor about your recent visit to The Skeff Bar & Kitchen.
I was delighted to read that our staff were helpful with your Father's dietary requirements and that you all enjoyed your meal. I will make sure to pass on all your kind words to our team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Skeff Bar & Kitchen when you next visit Galway city & thank you once more for your review.

“Terrible food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The food was very poor. We went there for Sunday lunch - a family of 4 and none of us enjoyed the meal

Visited December 2012
AshlingDudley, Manager at The Skeff, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Michael G,

Thank you for posting a review about your recent visit to The Skeff Bar & Kitchen and my apologies that you did not enjoy your meal.

We here at The Skeff Bar & Kitchen are passionate about serving quality food and I was disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your meal. I would appreciate it if you could contact me on ashlingdudley@gmail.com with some further information about what dishes you had and what the issues were with those items as I would like to get the problem rectified to ensure it doesn't happen again in the future.

I look forward to hearing from you & hopefully we can welcome you back into The Skeff Bar & Kitchen in the near future.

“Bad Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Four of us visited the Skeff on Saturday evening, arrived around 8.30. We were told straightaway by barman that we have to place our food order at the bar, because they don't take them at the tables. We sat down, in 5 min same barman came down with menus and said he WILL take our order when we ready. We haven't seen him for the rest of the night, so we ordered at the bar and waited. Food was nice, no complaints there. What really made the evening miserable was that I dont understand why is there no table service, especially since there was about 5-6 staff members just walking around and looking around (looking for something to do). Place wasn't overly busy at this time. As I work in the hotel and bar industry myself I know how important it is to have a good service. Well this one was terrible. Will not be eating there again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
AshlingDudley, Manager at The Skeff, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear MickeyIrL,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent visit to The Skeff Bar & Kitchen and my apologies for the poor service you received. Gaining feedback whether good or bad is invaluable to our business as it is the only way we feel we can improve our business. As a result of your review we have decided to review our customer service training to ensure our customers have a pleasant experience with us.

Thank you once again for your review and I hope you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves in the future.