“This is a Scam !” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 42 Tours & Activities in Galway
More attraction details
Owner description: Galway Tours is Galway City’s leading walking tour operator. Our knowledgeable local Guides will show you the History and Culture of this Vibrant Medieval City. Not only will our guides teach you the history of Galway City they will also give you an insight into what Galway is all about.
boston
“This is a Scam !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

Ray did not show up at the time of the tour. I had to wait in line at the tourism booth where they contacted him for me. He told them that he had cancelled the tour for the day and he had credited my paypal account. He had my cell phone number and email address and had never attempted to contact me to inform me that the tour had been cancelled and then he never credited my account. I had to have my credit card company dispute the charges. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS TOUR !!!!!

IrelandAlison, Owner at Galway City Walking Tour, responded to this review, August 19, 2009
While we do take full responsibility unfortunately this was due to a malfunction in our online booking system. When contacted by the Credit Card company we immediately refunded the money but up to that point we had no idea of this error.
I have spent several years building up a small business and strive for high standards. However the content of this review is way over the top. To insinuate we are running a scam is ludicrous and offensive

New York City, New York
14 attraction reviews
“Ray is great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

We had a private walking tour with Ray, and I can't recommend him enough. His presentation of Galway's history was interesting, and the walk isn't a killer. He hits all of the highlights and helps get you oriented to the layout of the city. If you're in Galway, take a tour with Ray - it's worth every penny.

cork
“great fun couple of hours with the girls and ray our guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

myself and girls in galway for weekend we decided we needed a break from the drink! took in a tour with ray,he showed us all the interesting historic places in city,and to top it off he told us best restaurants and pubs to go to as well,places we didnt even know about,a great afternoon,and very good value i might add

Chisingstoke
“Enthuasiasm and Knowledge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2008

Just a quick note to highlight how good this tour is. Our guide Ray had such enthuasiasm and endless knowledge about Galway. Funny stories, sad stories and great tales.
Definitely worth the money. He filled us in on some great music sessions to go to later and really made our trip with his local knowledge.
Excellent!!!

manchester england
“great stories and sites of galway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2008

I have been to galway many times and it recently occured to me that i had never done the touristy tour,i booked this tour online,didnt know what to expect,greeted by ray the tour guide,and was immediately impressed with the sincere firm handshake and friendly smile,he took us around the city at a pleasant pace,left plenty of time for photos etc,brought us to all the places of relevance such as city walls,spanish arch etc,what i particularly liked was the backround stories he gave on some of the shops,pubs etc in the city,delivered in a factul and humerous way,bit of historical facts with humour mixed in,i would advise nyone to do this,its a great way to see the city,and great vaue as well,thanks ray,