“Extremely interesting and enjoyable” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 73 Activities in Galway
More attraction details
Owner description: Galway Tours is Galway City’s leading walking tour operator. Our knowledgeable local Guides will show you the History and Culture of this Vibrant Medieval City. Not only will our guides teach you the history of Galway City they will also give you an insight into what Galway is all about.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Extremely interesting and enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Conor our guide was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic when showing us round Galway he also gave us added information not found in the guide books, lots of wee stories.The architecture of the city was very beautiful. We spent an hour but the time seemed to fly past. I would most certainly recommend this walking tour to anyone visiting Galway. It starts at 10.00am prompt, so don't be late.

Visited July 2011

Bern
“one of the best activities when in Galway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

My group and I really enjoyed this tour.
With speaking to them this morning they all had a delightful time
hearing all about Galway and had great comments to say about all aspects
of the tour.
Well organised, interesting, and great value - I will definitely recommend this tour to others. Thanks so much for making our stay in Galway even better!

boston
“This is a Scam !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

Ray did not show up at the time of the tour. I had to wait in line at the tourism booth where they contacted him for me. He told them that he had cancelled the tour for the day and he had credited my paypal account. He had my cell phone number and email address and had never attempted to contact me to inform me that the tour had been cancelled and then he never credited my account. I had to have my credit card company dispute the charges. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS TOUR !!!!!

IrelandAlison, Owner at Galway City Walking Tour, responded to this review, August 19, 2009
While we do take full responsibility unfortunately this was due to a malfunction in our online booking system. When contacted by the Credit Card company we immediately refunded the money but up to that point we had no idea of this error.
I have spent several years building up a small business and strive for high standards. However the content of this review is way over the top. To insinuate we are running a scam is ludicrous and offensive
New York City, New York
14 attraction reviews
“Ray is great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

We had a private walking tour with Ray, and I can't recommend him enough. His presentation of Galway's history was interesting, and the walk isn't a killer. He hits all of the highlights and helps get you oriented to the layout of the city. If you're in Galway, take a tour with Ray - it's worth every penny.

cork
“great fun couple of hours with the girls and ray our guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

myself and girls in galway for weekend we decided we needed a break from the drink! took in a tour with ray,he showed us all the interesting historic places in city,and to top it off he told us best restaurants and pubs to go to as well,places we didnt even know about,a great afternoon,and very good value i might add