“Expressway Service Much Slower Than Advertised” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #107 of 128 Activities in County Galway
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
“Expressway Service Much Slower Than Advertised”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

For my trip from Galway to Dublin, I booked the Expressway service from Bus Eireann and was highly disappointed. The trip was advertised to run from 10:30AM and arriving in Dublin at 1PM. I did not arrive until 2:45PM and had to cancel some activities. I contacted Bus Eireann customer service about this issue, and they still haven't responded. On top of that, the seats are uncomfortable and the drive is not as scenic as the train.

Visited March 2014

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
23 attraction reviews
“Bus Eireann is an affordable way to travel around Beautiful Ireland.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I was visiting family and friends who live in different towns around Ireland. I was arriving at Dublin Airport and was searching on line on how to go about getting to Belfast then from Belfast to Doolin and Doolin to Galway and from Galway to Belfast .Someone on Trip Advisor was very helpful by leaving an email address for the bus services around Ireland 'info@buseireann.ie ' i wrote to them with my inquires and i got a prompt reply from Rachael. She answered all my emails and gave me some helpful tips on how to go about my trip.All the buses where on time,clean and the drivers helpful with information.

One can print the bus schedule online buy a ticket at the CIE office at the Dublin Airport for Dublin- Belfast.But one has to purchase tickets from Belfast to other parts of Dublin from Belfast as they are cross border tickets and not possible to buy them from Dublin.Tickets from Dublin/Belfast can be purchase from the bus driver also.

I purchased a ticket for Dublin /Belfast/Dublin from the Bus driver who advised me it would be much cheaper to return to Dublin and purchase a one way ticket to Doolin when i returned to Dublin.My plan was to purchase a ticket from Belfast to Doolin very good advise from the kind elderly bus driver whose name i don't recall.

As i had purchased online tickets this worked well for me,its advised to print copies of the online ticket and take it with you.

For Bus tickets from Doolin-Galway / Galway - Dublin one can purchase the ticket on line.''beonline@buseireann.ie'' .Please note one will be asked to produce photo ID when collecting the ticket e.g.valid passport, driver's licence,or National ID.The journey must take place on the departure date specified on the ticket.

Bus Eireann website is very informative it includes bus schedules and ticket prices very helpful when planning and budgeting a trip around Beautiful Ireland especially if you are not planning
to rent a car and drive around.

There is WIFI on board.

Buses are not crowded.

Thank you Bus Eiereann.

Visited January 2013
Orlando, Florida
29 attraction reviews
“Had used this to get from Bunratty to Eyre Sq”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

When I took it from Shannon Airport to Galway Bay Hotel . It was ok. Some of the drivers were great but some we not. We used it to get around Galway for the week my cousin and I extended.

Visited June 2012
Ballarat, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Better than expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We took a tour with Bus Eireann in Cork in June 2012. We sailed into Cobh on a cruise and then took the railway into Cork. You can catch this tour at the Ceannt railway station (this is where you get off if you travel from Cobh), and at the Cork bus station. The price was less than most other tours, and the driver was very nice. Hilarious comments with a thick Irish accent, and very knowledgeable about Cork. What we did not expect is the extra trip to Blarney. He drove us through the village and stopped at a big parking place with loads of shopping opportunities, right near the Castle. For those that wanted to see the Castle and "kiss the stone", there was the opportunity to catch the next bus back. (not on the 3pm trip) Others who just wanted to shop and/or get something to eat, had ample time to get some lovely souvenirs before returning to Cork. We highly recommend this tour. The tour runs in June, July and August, at 10am 12am and 3pm. We paid E12 per adult.

Visited June 2012