Very nice looking hotel inside and out. Unfortunately the staff there was not nice. there was maybe 1 front desk worker that was nice, the rest were rude and inconsiderate. This hotel was meant for business travelers and they tried to present there selves as an upscale hotel, which I assure you they were not. The beds where comfortable and it was close to the train station. It was clean and the staff dressed nice that was about the extent of the up scale service. The breakfast was way over priced, If you want a GREAT breakfast go to the Corner Note Café in Dalkey about 5 min away. great little village and the food was awesome. Dalkey has many very nice restaurants. The Royal Marine was not the Bellagio or the Venetian in Vegas as they tried to portray. I have stayed in comfort inns that were better than this. As Americans traveling to Ireland for vacation I do NOT recommend this hotel. Hardy's bar in the Hotel was very nice looking, the staff there was the worst I have ever experienced in my life. we would sit a table with our group of 6 while there were maybe 2 other people in the whole place and it took us 20 min apx for someone to take our order, EVERYTIME we went in there. so after the first couple days, we spent our money at other local establishments where the people were great. I recommend going to Walters which is right around the corner. Awesome people and bartenders. Jon the bartender was great and very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Steeped in history and a favourite with the locals, this landmark Hotel is an impressive sight on the Dun Laoghaire skyline. Since 1828, a Dublin Hotel has occupied the site now occupied by the Royal Marine Hotel. With 228 Bedrooms, 14 Dedicated Meeting Rooms and a Conference Centre as well as The Pier Health Club and sananaSPA; the Royal Marine Hotel has it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Royal Marine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Marine dún Laoghaire
- Hotel Royal Marine
- Royal Marine Hotel Dublin
- Royal Marine Hotel Dun Laoghaire, Ireland - County Dublin