We have stayed in this hotel on 3 occasions,having returned recently from our last sojourn there,we feel compelled to comment on our experience,and fire a warning shot and some unsolicited advice to hotel management.
The first occasion was very positive about 2011,the 2subsequent stays were progressively more unpleasant,and we will not return there again.The c reason we went was the children liked the pool very much,and the diversity of foods at breakfast.
Some of the staff seemed v nice in particular the cleaning staff and some of the foreign national workers.
The breakfast waiting staff in particular were not so helpful in catering to our needs, in general there was a lack of engagement on behalf of the staff with us the customer, at times in fact we felt a bit of a nuisance rather than a paying client. The breakfast buffet layout was very poor on this trip and staff were very unconcerned when brought to their attention.
The food in the restaurant by nite was good enough. The rooms are good also and the gym/pool is up to scratch. Make sure you check your bill on checkout an extra 100e was added to ours inadvertently.
Advice to management : 1. Send all your staff on an interpersonal skills course.
2. Listen to your customer with some semblance of interest (that's definitely not happening to any major extent at the minute)
3. Make sure your accounts are correct before you present to the client (there is nothing more annoying than this!)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your Rochestown Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rochestown Hotel dún Laoghaire
- Rochestown Lodge Hotel Dun Laoghaire, Ireland - County Dublin