“Not bad,not great.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Harbor Bar & Grill

Harbor Bar & Grill
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dun Laoghaire
6-7 Marine Road, Dun Laoghaire, Ireland   |
Ranked #12 of 20 Dun Laoghaire B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Not bad,not great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Visited this restaurant/bar the other day with the GF as we were out for a walk on the pier,due to the unusual good weather.
Took a seat in the outside beer garden,and I went inside to get some menus.I asked the barmaid could we have food outside,and she said yes,no problem,but I would have to order it from the bar.
Steak sandwich for me,fish in batter with chips for my GF.The fish dish came with mushy peas,so I requested it without them.
Food came out very quickly,within ten minutes.The fish was resting on a lump of green mush,which was the peas I had asked to do without.Steak was cooked ok,if a little bit fatty.Chips on both dishes were very greasy.We were both hungry,and under time constraints,so no point complaining,which is not what Im doing here,just giving an honest review.
Service was quick,and friendly.Location is perfect,nice outside area.
Would go back,but maybe not for food.

• Stayed May 2012

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I went for lunch here as an end of year celebration with my class. From the time we walked through the door we were treated like dirt. The food was ok but the service was so slow and they wouldn't take our dessert orders after the main meal, leaving us sitting waiting for forty five minutes instead. One member of our party had to leave early so went up to pay and got given out to as they expected us to pay all together as a group. When I went to pay I got shouted out that I "better have something smaller than a fifty euro note". I will NEVER eat here again and have warned many people off it due to their bad attitude.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

My daugher has just moved to Ireland and we went to see her. She booked the room on line as she had been into the bar grill for a drink and thought if the rooms looked as good as the bar then we would have no problems. We arrived and was told we had booked a double room shared bathroom. We requested an en suite as this is what we thought she had booked and were told that it would be extra for an en suite. We paid before we saw the room as this was what was requested. The room was a box with a very small bed in it, nothing like the rooms in the pictures. There was only one bedroom cabinate and the bed was never a double. You could literally slide of the end of the bed and straight into the en-suite shower room which was very compact to say the leasy. We had a very unconfortable stay as the music from the bar went on until the early hours of the morning and then the drunks outside the hotel started their own brand of entertainment. The room was basic with no facilities like tea and coffee or hairdryer. I thought these came as standard in all hotels these days. There staff were very unhelpful. Never Ever stay at this establishment.

Room Tip: When booking request the large room that they show on thier website
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

We only stayed for one night but the staff were friendly & helpful. The rooms are standard and good for one night. We are travelling around Ireland for a week & we are thinking about going back for another night. We booked room only but complimentray continental breakfast was avaliable in the morning, the coffee was amazing! We had a wonderful dinner in the bar as well. Central location.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
kildare, ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

Pro's:::I stayed for one night with my partner here, at first we loved the look of the place the bar is in a great location and has a great buzz about it, the bench's out the front hav bushes lined with lights which was really nice, food for dinner was nice too I had the mussels, yum ! Lovely bar!

Cons:::Then we were shown to our room :O
It was the smallest room i have ever stayed in, fair enough i know this place is not a hotel, but come on!!! It was a box with a small double bed squashed into it, no tv, no bathroom, nothing, it was a bed and a wardrobe, the door of the room was about 1 inch from hitting off the bottom of the bed when opening it!
We had to share a bathroom with a few other rooms, i went in for a shower and there were numerous towels left on the floor from previous users!!
We booked a double room with BREAKFAST INCLUDED, we arrived down for breakfast and were asked what we wanted for breakfast , we said we would like an full irish breakfast each, not great! then we went up to our boxroom to pack and we came down to check out and we were told we had to pay for our breakfast, I explained that the breakfast was included and she said , " sorry i forgot to mention its only cereal included not a full irish" ( could she not hav told us this when we were ordering???)
We refused to pay as it was not our mistake, so we were asked to pay for 1 breakfast to which i taught was absolutely rediculous since it was not our fault!
I mean come on......... what place now a days gives you just cereal when breakfast is included in price?? none that iv ever been to!
I will not be staying here again!

Room Tip: ask for ensuite room!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

Food here is quite good but unfortunately it was spoiled by having to pay before receiving food. I enquired of waiter why and the only answer was that it was the managements policy that all customers on the veranda. This made us feel like criminals and that they presumed we were going to do a runner. Incidentally we are a 50+ couple. We would have left only had not time to find another place. In all my years and in many many restaurants I have never been asked to pay before receiving food. I checked out the restaurants own website and facebook page to see if I could comment there but surprise surprise neither allow comments or reviews

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

Had lunch here today. The food was average but the service has to be the worst I have ever experienced. We arrived at 1.30 for lunch, 6 adults and 5 kids. Starters arrived quickly but though we asked for the kids to be served with our starters their food didnt show. After querying the delay a number of times we were reassuerd the kids food would arrive. At 2.30......the waitress arrived with, wait for it another exact order of starters. we sent them back and again were assured that the kids food would be out in 5 mins. Sure enough another waitress arrive...with another bunch of starters. After sending these back we told the manager wed give him till 3pm to sort out the kids food, at this stage we told him not to bother with our mains. At 3.15 our main courses arrived but stil no kids courses. we ended up feeding the kids from these and of course 2 hours after we ordered the kids courses arived. A complete mess. Would advise anyone to steer clear from this place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Harbor Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!