“Average but at least cheap” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Larder

The Larder
8 Parliament Street, Dublin, Ireland (South City Centre)
+353 1 633 3581
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Modern Irish Restaurant serving quality driven Food & Drinks. We Brew our own beer, roast our own coffee and grow in our own walled garden.
“Average but at least cheap”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I had Sunday lunch there with my wife.2 course for only €13,but in the end wasn't really worth any more.For starters:I had carrot and coconut soup(bland and lack of seasoning),she had rocket salad with balsamic dressing sun dried tomato and Parmesan(nothing exciting but not bad eighter)
For maintenances we had Lamb burger and Goat's cheese tart.I asked for burger m-rare and I was told that they only cooked burgers well:(My wife's tart was tasty but came with rocket salad and the same balsamic dressing that she had for starter.I think that if u are putting set menu with 3 starters and 4 main courses u should at least come up with different garnishes for ur dishes.Glass of chardonnay that we had was very good.Service very poor.No one even asked if we enjoyed the food.At the end waiter insted charging us for a glass of wine wanted to charge for a whole bottle.Overall wasn't the worst experience but i wont comeback again

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely welcome at cosy Larder”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

With not much time before theatre-going, I dropped into The Larder - not for my first time - and had a delicious meal served with no delay and in very well-presented dishes by extremely polite and attentive waiting staff.... despite the early-bird time of the evening, no compromise was perceptible in the food or service quality and the ambiance was unhurried and made me wish I could stay longer....
MC

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“A satisfying lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stopped in for lunch on a Saturday and were seated right away, even though they were moderately full. The decor was cozy and welcoming (armchairs, round tables, lots of wood), and the service was friendly and reasonably prompt. My husband had a lovely steak sandwich with chips and a cappuccino, and I had tasty beer-battered fish and chips and a pot of tea. We finished with a tasty rhubarb crumble and fresh whipped cream.

Visited September 2012
Biggin Hill, England, United Kingdom
“Food was very good. Shame about the moody waitress”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Ate here for our last night, menu was limited, but the food was very good, i recommend the lamb burger. How ever the prices are steep, and the service was poor. The waitress that served us was abrupt and snappy with her answers, she seemed very unwilling to help or infact do her job.
Would eat here again if the service was improved.

Visited January 2013
Buckinghamshire in UK
“Nice "cosy" cafe-style restaurant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Enjoyed a lovely meal in this restaurant, which delivers good food every time.

They offer at early-bird menu which gives a cheaper meal option, if you can dine earlier in the evening.

We had mains plus desserts as the food is always quite filling. The portions are ample and certainly fill you up. I had the duck with put lentils and a chocolate torte which was to literally "die for". I savoured every single mouthful of this exquisite treat, which was served with cream and vanilla ice cream.

The ambience was perfect, although t can get busier as the evening goes on. It is quite nice to enjoy this place a bit earlier, when you can sit at a cosy table for a nice, romantic meal.

I discovered there is no actual bar here, so you have to have wines only, which I personally tend to prefer a spirit based aperitif as I find I cannot consume so much wine, particularly give the meal is a full one.

The best table in the restaurant is definitely the low, front-window table for two, which provides a delightful and romantic setting, especially when candle-lit!

This was my second visit, and I am sure that I will be back time and time again, as this is a lovely location I the heart of Dublin's fair city, serving high quality dishes.

• Visited December 2012