“Arrived at this restaurant last Saturday for my booking, manager had given the table to someone else & proceeded to make out tha” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Boulevard Cafe

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Booked a table for 3 at this restaurant via telephone for 4.45pm on Saturday 15th December. At the time I was told that the table would be required back at 6.35pm, which wasn't a problem. I received a text message from the restaurant confirming this booking on Friday evening, which i replied back to confirm.
we arrived at the restaurant on time to find that the manager/staff (Fintan was his name) had given the table away but proceeded to tell me that it was my fault & that my booking was for 4.15pm. He was extremely rude about the while situation and if he had just told me that he had made a genuine mistake, it would have been the end of it. We left the restaurant and went to the Port House for dinner (which was lovely and I would recommend it) and then I received the following text message...

"I had no reply back to my txt & had question over whether you wanted table & as you didn't show @ time I gave away. Sorry Fintan".

I replied....

"Fintan, I just spoke to you at the restaurant (there were 3 of us) and you gave my table away even though I was there on time. You are now sending me a text to cover yourself. I am extremely unhappy with the whole situation & will not be returning to your restaurant ever again.

At which point I then received the following text...

"Maybe reply to txt you get to confirm"

Now I understand that it's close to Christmas time and the restaurant businesses in Dublin are extremely busy around this time of year but that is no way to treat customers.
I have eaten at this restaurant on several occasions and I think the food here is great but the manager was not polite and quite simply he was down right rude and obnoxious.

I would much prefer to eat at a restaurant that actually wants my business.

Elaine

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Fintan O, Owner at Boulevard Cafe, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Please note that I nor my staff are in the business of turning away business and endeavour to be polite and courteous. Yes there was a misunderstanding with the booking, our procedure is to send out txt to all bookings and the replies are then picked up. There was no indication that your booking was confirmed from the mobile number given. I am not in a position that I need to "cover myself" but what I do want is that anyone that is not happy with any aspect of what we offer at Boulevard Cafe, I as owner am aware and try to solve before they leave the restaurant. The booking was made for 4.15 & the party arrived at 4.55pm, I was full but did advise that I would get a table probably in 30/45 minutes & did apologies and did acknowledge that we do sometimes get things wrong. After party left I doubled checked the txt system & could not find a reply & sent a txt to party, I got a reply back from an email address not the number & this is why this was missed.

Limerick
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Part of a large group for late Xmas lunch. Delicious food. Great choice including for celiac.. Fab value. Recommend to all!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Some friends and I stumbled upon the Boulevard Cafe during a recent trip to Dublin. Despite the restaurant being extremely busy, they managed to squeeze us in, and we received excellent service from all staff all evening. The whole restaurant was buzzing, the wine was good, and the food was amazing (I had the twice cooked pork belly which was absolutely delicious - the best meal I've had in a long time). When it came to dessert time, we all thought we'd have a little look at the menu but probably wouldn't have anything...but we never saw the menu, we simply had an example of each wonderful dessert placed in front of us to choose from (great technique!!). After seeing the amazing options we all ordered a dessert and were not disappointed! Overall this was a wonderful dining experience - I'd head back to this restaurant if visiting Dublin again, and would definitely recommend.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The worst restaurant I have ever been too”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Food is terrible here. For meat with mash potatoes and gravy. The potatoes and mash were reheated and dry. Complained about it. When it came to the dessert, they never have me one but charged me for it.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“An excellent recommendation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

One of my colleagues recommended this restaurant to me from one of his business trips and so I tried it out. The website said it was a busy restaurant and one should book in advance which I did. When I turned up it was indded bustling and had a vibrant atmosphere. I was quickly greeted and shown to my table. When I ordered the drinks turned up quickly. I had come before 7 to take advantage of the early bird menu which was very good value. There were several choices I fancied but I asked what the dish of the day was. It was cod and described so tantalisingly that I had to choose it and it was indeed delicious. I would come back with my wife, with an office group or business entertaining. It was just a very pleasant evening.

Visited November 2012