“I didn't want to like it, but...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #110 of 1,813 restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
San Francisco, California
“I didn't want to like it, but...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This was a great show. The food was good, but the show was great. I wasn't looking forward to being in a room with 200 other tourists watching a canned show, but this was something else. Extremely enjoyable!

Visited May 2013

87% Recommend
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Maybe too Irish?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have loved my stays in ireland and I realy enjoy Irish hospitality. a friend recommended that me and my family should try a traditional irish evening. It was with some trepidation that we went to see the Merry Ploughboys on a thursday evening. the place was packed with an audience from many different nations but it was largely American. The food was filling but not refined, not surprising as it was mass catering. The band were actually great and they were masters at getting an audience going. The dancing was traditional Irish and it involved getting some people up from the audience. My 15yr old daughter was mortified to be called out but she held her own. THis sort of place is a one off visit and I suppose I am glad to have done it but I have no wish to go ever again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hornchurch, Essex
“Great evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

A fantastic evening, I do not know how much the meal was as it was a treat from a friend, but food was great and plentiful, and the entertainment was brilliant.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tokyo, Japan
“Touristy, but still a fun evening!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is one of those evenings where you take a taxi or a shuttle bus 7 kilometers out of town, sit with a mostly senior crowd and eat a course menu. Sounds awful, but it was good food, and the crowd really enjoyed the show, which was also good. There's a more traditional pub on the first floor; the second floor is a large hall. We got there fairly early (seating is from 7:00) and were served earlier than the larger groups that got there a half hour later. The first half of the show is the Merry Ploughboys, and the second half featured dancing, with a few more songs. They really know their audience and enjoyed the show.

Visited May 2013
Canberra, Australia
“A fun filled evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We went here for our first evening in Dublin and had a lovely time. We were 2 parents, 2 children and my mother in law who loves Irish music. The food was delicious, I was surprised it was so tasty. The service was also very quick.

The Merry Ploughboys were such great musicians and we had alot of fun. The dancers were very good as well.

An enjoyable night of music and dance.

• Visited April 2013