“I've been searching for an amazing burger for years.....found it.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Bull & Castle Beerhall and F.X. Buckley Steakhouse

Improve this listing
Ranked #216 of 1,795 restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Description: F.X.BUCKLEY. Steakhouse at The Bull and Castle offers Irelands best steaks, with the experience and knowledge of over 25 years of serving the perfect steak. We change our menus seasonally to reflect the best Irish produce and to ensure the highest quality in both our beef and local fresh seafood. We offer an extensive selection of beers from the beer hall with a wide menu of cocktails, premium spirits and wines. Our food dishes come with beer recommendations so you can fully enjoy our quality dishes with the beer that best suits.Our weekday lunch menu offers both healthy and tasty options at a reasonable price which appeals to all tastes. The Beer Hall has one of Ireland's widest selection of Irish craft beer and premium beers from around the world. We also offer a comprehensive cocktail and wine list. The Beer Hall offers craft beer and whiskey tasting trays available for you to sample different styles. Our unique Beer Hall design, with its long tables, is ideal for large groups or watching major sporting events on our big screen.
“I've been searching for an amazing burger for years.....found it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

I always order burgers when I go out and always regret it because they just don't taste as good as I think they should. I keep on ordering them in the hope that I'll find the ultimate one. Jesus, this place has it. I ordered the 8oz burger they do but they did have a dexter burger which I regret now not getting. If the standard one was that awesome the dexter burger is bound to be amazing. I also had the deep fried mars bar. I though I would feel dirty after that, I did not, just warm and fuzzy. Thoroughly recommend this place to anyone.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

83% Recommend
Dublin, Ireland
“Great meal @Bull and Castle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stopped for a meal at Bull and Castle as it was recommended by colleagues at work as a great place to eat. It is indeed a great place, very cozy and warm. The staff was and serving were great. Very good burger, generous portions and extremely tasty sides.
We will be stopping for a meal, again, very soon.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tokyo, Japan
“Great dining experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We happened upon this on our way back downtown from St. Patrick's Cathedral, not knowing what an iconic place this is. We didn't have a reservation, but since we were so early, could get a table with the understanding that they needed it two hours later. Oddly, none of us ordered beef, but the fish and chips, chowder, salads, and desserts were all great. Also, the best cocktails we had in Dublin!

Visited May 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Delicious steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have now been here a few times, either for a romantic dinner or with a group of friends. The steaks are always delicious (fillet is great, rump also very nice and slightly cheaper).
A bit on the pricey side but worth it. Also the chocolate fondant is worth a try, yummy!
Extensive selection of beer, efficient staff, make sure you book in advance at weekends as it can get pretty packed.
I am not giving 5 stars as it can get very noisy and the lighting is very dim!!! And they changed the sauteed potatoes, this time they were pan fried with an oniony taste rather than buttery and with garlic!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Delicious food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Went in for an early dinner and the food was delicious. It's not cheap but everything was amazing. The service was very good even though they took a while to bring the check. Would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Dublin.

Visited April 2013