“Curry to Warm Your Soul” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Torch Ginger

Red Torch Ginger
14/15 Andrew Street, Dublin 2, Ireland (South City Centre)
+(353)16773363
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 1,892 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Thai, Healthy, Asian fusion
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: We are a funky restaurant serving Modern Thai food along with craft beers and delicious cocktails. We offer authentic food from all regions of Thailand at a reasonable price. RTG is open 7 days a week and serves all day from Lunch through to dinner.
Arlington, Virginia
“Curry to Warm Your Soul”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I visited this restaurant twice during one week and was very pleased on both occasions. The menu had a nice selection and the portion sizes were perfect. Overall I was very pleased with the experience and will probably return if I'm ever back in Dublin.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Buochs, Switzerland
“Is bigger better??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I've been to this restaurant several times over the years; first just after it opened. By this time, it was not too large and fantastic. Our last visit on Nov 17 was disappointing. My starter was ok, the main course was made with ground peppers that were raw and only some hints of chicken. It just seemed as it had to be prepared in a hurry! For the price of it, I expected more. And the waitress did not have her happy day, I guess she never smiled the whole evening.
The place grew over the years, now every possible room is filled with tables and chairs - in my opinion, too many people to keep the high level they had! It used to be brilliant!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Very Expensive”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I found the restaurant very expensive, we asked for the siam combo to share, they brought out 2 little plates with assorted starters, that was €20 gone. The mains were €19 each, the meal quickly added up to a €100 and i did not feel i got close to value for money. Would not recommend. They even charged €4.50 for rice, with a curry !!

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Well worth the visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have to say this is one of my favourite thai restaurants in Dublin. Not for the actual restaurant per say but the food. I have been twice to this one, and once to Dundrum. Last time my boyfriend and I went to Andrew street we asked to be seatd in the corner or to the side as the time previous we were right in the middle and it took from the ambience. This time it was perfect. We got the chicken pad thai and the chicken green curry, asked for side plates and shared. It was perfect. I asked for some chili flakes as to spice it up abit and the waitress kindly obliged. It was really great food and well worth the price. Like alot of chinese's and thai restaurants, one can feel quite full and bloated after, however this is not the case here.. it was just right. I will definitely be returning.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A great night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have been to the Siam Thai in Dundrum Town Centre on a number of occassions, and each time it has been great. The food is gorgeus and the atsmophere is great, lively but still able to have a chat and be heard. Upstairs the entertainment is brilliant and gives a real party atsmophere, but with plenty of room between the tables. I would recommend the Siam Thai for a christmas party, birthday party , a meal with friends, or dinner for two. I have eaten there for all those occassions and enjoyed each one, and have been able to work my way through the menu. The cost is affordable also, go on treat yourself.
The staff are attentive and helpful and make your visit more enjoyable.

• Visited March 2012