“Good sized helpings!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dublin, Ireland
“Good sized helpings!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was in a big group .. of about 12 people... we ordered a few starters .. and I really liked the chicken wings .. I think it's one of their specialities ... they were so good I think I had too many .. because I couldn't finish my main course which was a huge burger and french fries. I was a bit embarrassed. What I did eat of the burger and fries was really good. Excellent service .. they were very kind to us. The last time I had been there was when it was first opened as a restaurant .. many many years ago .. I think it even had a different name then, and I was delighted to go back and see what my family have been raving about !

Visited February 2013

belfast
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Had meal whilst staying at the Burlington Hotel. Very busy very tight but didnt take away from very good service and excellent food. I shared chicken wings for starter and it was a massive protion even for 2 big eaters. Highly recommended as food is superb at reasonable proces but it does get busy so get there early or book in advance

Visited March 2013
Paris, France
“When can I come back?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've been to the Canal Bank Café twice now, both times on business (with coworkers, not clients), once at lunch, and once at dinner. A charming little place, it has a cozy ambiance that I forewarn might not appeal to people who need wide open spaces.
I, however, cannot recommend this place more highly! I have had a fantastic experience both times - both times my coworkers insisted on ordering several orders of their famous chicken wings... my mouth waters now just thinking about them. Amazing. The other food is tasty as well and decently portioned. A nice selection of sandwiches, salads, meat and fish ( at least I think there was fish on the menu... I remember there being moules-frites in any case). The waitresses were friendly and quite funny actually - very good senses of humor.
Eat here and you won't be disappointed!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“great for lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

this is a great spot for a lazy lunch - Ive been here several times, and the service and food has always been consistently good, even when you are in a large group.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NH
“Pleasant, small, and nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We walked here from Balsbridge with a local friend. We were seated quickly, and well tended to. We received some good tips on the menu from our server, and had a nice meal. I had a steak that was done just as I ordered. My partner had a fish and chip meal, which she enjoyed. I found the selection of items on the menu to be upscale standard fare. They also had what I would consider an upscale wine selection. The service was good, though one of our servers was bit stiff. All in all, a nice dinner in a cozy atmosphere. A side note, I would also recommend the pub just across the street for a before or after dinner drink, classic Dublin pub. It felt just right.

• Visited February 2013