“Superb” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Millstone Restaurant

Millstone Restaurant
39 Dame Street, Dublin Dublin 2, Ireland (South City Centre)
+353 1 679 9931
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Found this restaurant after wandering the strrets of Dublin on Halloween and what a find. The food was absolutely fabulous, plenty of choice and very good sized portions. Would have loved a pudding but could not finish the main course. Will certainly go again and would highly reccomend

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

85% Recommend
San Francisco
“Creative”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We spent a week in Dublin and ate here three times. The location is convenient, the food is beautifully prepared, very creatively presented, and delicious. Service was very friendly and timed well.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Waterford, Ireland
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I went here with my family last week for a special occasion. We were absolutely blown away with the quality of the food. 3 of us shared the 'sharing plate' as a starter, which came with 5 or 6 delicious, homemade dips and lovely bread.The only problem was that the portion was quite large and we had to force ourselves to stop eating so we would still have space for the main courses. The other person in our party got a duo of duck terrine and pate, which he said was amazing. I got the goat's cheese and roast veg Wellington for my main, which was one of the best meals I've had in a very long time. I became vegetarian recently, which has definitely made eating out more difficult, but i thoroughly enjoyed this meal. The other main courses went down very well also. We were all too full for dessert, but enjoyed some lovely coffees. The service was excellent and I will definitely go back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin, Ireland
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My first dining experience with Millstones was over 1.5 years ago during my first visit to Dublin.
Business has brought me back to Dublin where I have yet again found myself dining at the lovely Millstones Restaurant!
Its not the delicious succulent beef medallions, or perfect recommended Spanish wine, or the relaxing gentle live music that took me back to Millstones, it was the service.
In hospitality the turnover of staff is always high, but as I entered and barely waited to be seated there was the same staff as was 1.5 years ago and they were just as pleasant and efficient and knowledgeable of the menu as the first visit.
I will most definitely recommend Millstones Restaurant, I thoroughly enjoyed the food, wine, music and the lovely relaxing and intimate atmosphere Millstone captures.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin, Ireland
“Diarrhea inducing lunch special”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Tried the lunch special today at the millstone.
Party of 3, relatively simple order, 3 mains from lunch special menu.
Left waiting over 40 minutes for our food, although the place was not particularly busy at the time, maybe 6 other tables in service.

I had the lasagne.
Failed to finish it as I had a strange taste around halfway through.
Felt a little ill before leaving but felt embarrassed to say anything to staff.
Felt very ill within half hour of leaving and then threw up a little and later this evening I had diarrhea.
Will not be back.
Terrible food, wish to report it to health inspector but unsure of how to go about it.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere