“Great value, excellent early bird” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Mere Zou

La Mere Zou
22 St. Stephen's Green, Dublin 02, Ireland (South City Centre)
01-661-66-69
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #81 of 1,883 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European, French, Vegetarian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: A few yards away from the Shelbourne, the Conrad and the Fitzwilliam hotel, La Mère Zou was opened in 1994 and specializes in Classic French Cuisine; we also offer a large selection of fish and seafood selected directly from the local fishmarket. At La Mère Zou you can relax in a warm, familial atmosphere while enjoying the very best in cuisine and service. Our unique decor and simple seasonal food have made us a byword for fine dining in the centre of Dublin.
Dublin, Ireland
“Great value, excellent early bird”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Excellent value, food, wine and service. I have been going here for years and I have never had a bad course, not to mind a bad meal.

The early bird is brilliant value, and the house wine or wine of the month are really good value. (The Malbec special at the moment is very good).

My wife and myself have this as our first choice destination if we get a babysitter.

Due to its basement location and the type of clientele, I would recommend for couples, and not really suitable for children.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
midwest
“We loved this restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Right down the street from our hotel. We went for the early bird dinner which was priced great! Three courses, lovely house wine. The service was very attentive without being overbearing. Highly recommend.

Visited June 2013
“Early bird deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

It was our first visit and we had a three course meal for under 30 Euros in a quality restaurant!!!! Dublin is not cheap and I am not really sure if you can have a three course meal (this quality) anywhere else at this price! Anyway we all loved it and we'll go back next week and the week after!!

“Loving it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We have been there twice and we just love it.. We always go for the early bird menu which is good value.. The food is delicious and the place is cosy, it's very nice and casual, not too posh. The creme brulee is the best I have ever eaten! The staff is very nice and look after you well, unfortunately we had to wait for our desserts for quite a long time last time which ruined the experience a little bit since I was late at the meeting I had after the dinner..
They are very busy so reservation is definitely recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“great food, nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

my tempura haddock was amazing, I liked my main however chicken wasn't really anything special.. lovely dessert as well.. we had an early bird so it was a good value overall.. staff was very polite.. place was half full and buzzing so you could not hear other people talking.. however i 'd say that if tables beside us were occupied that would be uncomfortable ..we will come back..

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere