“GO AT LUNCH - REAL VALUE!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Mere Zou

La Mere Zou
22 St. Stephen's Green, Dublin 02, Ireland (South City Centre)
01-661-66-69
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #86 of 1,891 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European, French, Vegetarian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: A few yards away from the Shelbourne, the Conrad and the Fitzwilliam hotel, La Mère Zou was opened in 1994 and specializes in Classic French Cuisine; we also offer a large selection of fish and seafood selected directly from the local fishmarket. At La Mère Zou you can relax in a warm, familial atmosphere while enjoying the very best in cuisine and service. Our unique decor and simple seasonal food have made us a byword for fine dining in the centre of Dublin.
Ashford, United Kingdom
“GO AT LUNCH - REAL VALUE!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I dropped in on a Friday lunchtime without a reservation. It's small, but they squeezed me in and I had the set, which included a really excellent rib-eye steak, cooked to perfection. Very friendly staff. A French jewel right in the centre of the city.

Visited October 2012

• Turkish first
Dublin
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Took 2 business colleagues who were staying over in Dublin. My colleagues had the fish soup to start that both would recommend, I had excellent scallops. For mains a couple of us the Magret de Canard which was excellent, and salmon which also got a thumbs up. Service was friendly and efficient. Meal for 2 courses (a la carte) and wine came to about 50 Euro a head including tip - which although not cheap, felt good value for the quality of the food and service. On a Monday night the restaurant was not full but was reasonably busy and had enough people to make a good atmosphere, and pleasant environment. I enjoyed the meal, my guests were happy with my choice and we went off into the damp Dublin evening happy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mons, Belgium
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Wonderful restaurant and great value for money. Belgian cuisine which is even better than French! Friendly professional staff and warm ambience in the cosy room. Food beautifully presented and delicious. My daughter and I had ribeye steaks which we expected would be small and thin but they were thick, juicy and perfectly cooked to our preference, a rarity in Dublin. Lovely choice of starters and desserts. Couldn't reccommend this restaurant hightly enough. Best place in Dublin for lunch. Thank you La Mere Zou! We'll be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Wife's 40th”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

What can I say absolutely beautiful. We went over to Dublin for the weekend for my wife's 40th and decided to book something a little special for the Saturday evening. From the moment we went in the food and service were second to none. We started with oysters and Champagne then went on to probably the best starter I have ever tasted, scallops with a belly of pork with carrot and orange puree. It was to die for. Main was a perfvectly cooked ribeye with delectable potatoes.
Sweet was a beautiful apple tatin.
All in all it was fabulous and for just under £320 for 4 I thought it was excellent value for money.
I will definately be back to this little gem next time I'm in Dublin.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent lunch for two”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Myself and my wife went for lunch on a Friday. The place was full but we had a reservation and were shown straight to our table.

The room is a nice place to be. It's well decorated and cosy, which is a euphemism for small but I think that's part of the charm. I did see an alcove with a table to seat 6-8 people.

For starters I had a duck ballotine with baby leeks and french beans. Simply sublime. My wife had boules of goats cheese with an autumn veg salad. She loved it.

Mains I had chicken supreme with gnocchi, it tasted great but could've done with more gnocchi and some sort of side. My wife had hake in tempura batter with french fries. It was a very large serving and cooked beautifully, the fries were very heavily pre-salted.

The creme brulee we had for dessert was rich and delicious as was the carafe of house white wine.

The bill came in at €66.50 including two coffees.

It really is a great place to go for a nice lunch.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere