“Meah..” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Bijou Cafe Bistro

Bijou Cafe Bistro
47 Highfield Road, Rathgar Village, Dublin, Ireland (Rathfarnham)
00353 1 4961518
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #871 of 1,889 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European, French, Bistro, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Rathfarnham
Description: Bijou Bistro is home to a relaxed Dining Experience. Open 7 days a week from early until late. Simple Bistro cooking using the finest local ingredients give us the opportunity to tempt and delight you. Our Outside Terrace on the 1st Floor offers you one of the most stylish terraces in Dublin, should you wish to dine outside or have a cocktail.Bijou has twice been awarded one of the Irish Hospitality Industry's highest honours, the prestigious "Hotel & Catering Review Gold Medal in 2008 and recently in 2011.Dine with the locals - Bijou Bistro, Rathgar, Dublin 6.
Dublin, Ireland
“Meah..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

So I have been here loads of times but recent family birthdays necessitated two visits in the past few weeks. There is a new head chef on board but I am sorry to report that the food and menu has taken a turn for the worse. Last visit I opted for the posh version of bangers and mash and it was very disappointing. The paltry serving of mash was soaked to death by over rich gravy and topped with 3 burnt rubbery sausages. Previously I had the steak which was very mediocre with a very expensive price tag. On the plus side, the staff are very friendly and efficient but will not be returning again (If I can help it) due to the poor quality of food.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Dublin
“Diabolical Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I visited this restaurant last Saturday with my wife and 3 other couples having booked a week in advance.We were seated at 8.45 p.m.We ordered some wine and then ordered our food. At 10.40 we still had not been served our main course despite asking the staff what was happening to our food to be told that"there was one table before us" Our food arrived 5 minutes later and was only O.K.The staff were pleasant and kept apologising. However the evening was ruined.It amazes me how a restaurant can get it so wrong ! They know how many people have booked and the numbers they have to cater for. We paid our bill including a generous tip for the staff who we felt had been polite and as attentive as they could have been but we will all vote with our feet from now on.we will not be returning to this restaurant in the future.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Newbridge, Ireland
“Really disapointing and expensive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Where do I start… 7 of us dined, mushroom tart, soggy mushrooms no flavour, black pudding over powered by sauce. Duck with burned rosti, bland fish and the only nice meal was steak. Even the coffee was bad. Hugely over priced. Have been many times and it has dis improved every time, won't be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Not great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Visited this recommended restaurant for dinner. I ordered Fish and Chips (a staple in Ireland). The oil used to cook it was rancid. Don't recall what my husband ordered but it was unremarkable as well. I will say the decor is lovely, and the place appears popular so perhaps we just came on a bad night.

Visited September 2012
dublin
“Good Food & Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Three of us had a dinner here. We were given a professional welcome.
The menu is limited but had 4-5 choices in each course.
I had a nice starter of chicken and crab meat and followed it up with mains of shoulder of lamb.Both the dishes were very nice especially, the shoulder of lamb. Nice crisp from outside but very succulent from inside. We finished off with some dessert and tea(usual fare of ice cream and pudding)
My only gripe is that the tables are small and you feel little cramped.
But overall a nice restaurant.

• Visited October 2012