“Bill-AH! Cuba” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“Bill-AH! Cuba”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I went to Bella Cuba with my girlfriend at the weekend. The place looked nice and had a good Cuban 'feel' without being pretensious. We had a decent starter platter, albeit a bit pricey for the few titbits we got. The missus had a lamb casserole which put a smile on her face. I had a steak that was a bit dry with mash that was alright. The staff were friendly enough. We left with a bit of a sour taste in our mouths however when we got the bill. We had previously checked to see if there was a service charge as we were tight on cash and we always tip on merit. They had included it in the bill despite the fact there was no mention of it on the menu outside or the menus we were given. We liked the place in general but with a bottle of red wine in us we left a bit miffed with the whole experience cos of the bill.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

dublin
“Very good early bird menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I went with family for an early bird on Sat (20 euros) and really enjoyed the experience
The Daiquiri was nice but the only thing about the Mojito is the fact that the leaves are cut and get stuck in the straw :(
Quality of food is nice, service is great, the choice of dishes, wines is excellent.
You get served very quickly and didn't get the feeling we were pushed even if the place is small enough- very good address to have in mind

Dublin, Ireland
“Great food and wine good fun great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We had dined at Bella Cuba previously and had thoroughly enjoyed it, so thought we ought to try it again. We were not disappointed.We were celebrating my wife getting a new job and Bella Cuba was the perfect treat

As other reviewers have said, the tables are close together - there is adequate space and it was not an issue for us, and in all it makes for a lively atmosphere which we enjoy. Yes you can hear what other diners are saying but heh, if you want a solo dining experience stay at home!!. It was a Friday night, and there was a game on at Lansdowne Road, so it was busy, but we expected it to be. Service was excellent throughout the meal - not in your face or to fussy - I cant stand having my wine glass constantly topped up by eager waiters anxious to sell more bottles, as i'm quite capable of lifting a bottle - so I was glad that we simply poured our own and ordered more when we wanted it.
We had a wonderful red with the main course
The food was incredibly tasty, the staff attentive and the atmosphere wonderful.
My wife opted for a steak and I had the rack of lamb special. We both licked the plate.
Desserts were fabulous too. All in all, excellent and we will certainly be back.

• Visited March 2012
Dublin
“Excellent*****!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Yesterday I went to this restaurant with my family, and I had a very great time! The couple of waiters were super friendly. The food was very tasty and the cocktails were perfect, I ate the traditional Roast Pork, with some misterious and magic sauce. My wife could not talk with me because she was hypnotized with the Hake fillet. The kids opted for a cuban style fish and chips, in 5 minutes they finished the dish and I could see in their faces that they were very satisfied. When I was going down the stairs I looked inside the kitchen and I figured out that the chef was a woman, and she said: "Thank you" And gave me a smile, so nice atmosphere.
Yesterday I was in a hurry because I had a game to watch, but indeed I will come back to enjoy the cuban cuisine again.

“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

1) our table was already given. (We arrived perfectly on time)
2) we waited at least one hour before we had our main course